Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Albert Smith b. Preston Lancashire 1884.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mary

Mary Report 12 Apr 2017 22:01

There is supposed to be a picture of Albert in the Lancashire Evening Post on 26th July 1957, would anyone be able to find and copy this for me please ?

Thank You, mary

PatW

PatW Report 12 Apr 2017 22:51

I've looked at the lancashirebmd.org.uk and can find no trace of Albert in 1844. Are you sure that date is correct? There is a Homer Alfred whose mother's maiden name was Holdsworth
Pat

Mary

Mary Report 12 Apr 2017 22:57

Oh i'm so sorry Patricia , it's 1884.

Dea

Dea Report 13 Apr 2017 07:53

The main library closest to the area would usually hold back copies of local newspapers - try contacting them and they should be able to look this up for you and send you a photocopy of the article. In my experience the cost of this would only be a few pence + the postage.

Dea x

PatW

PatW Report 13 Apr 2017 08:15

The place where you can look at past newspapers is
The Harris Museum and Art Gallery,
Market Street,
Preston,
PR1 2PP

The office hours are 10am until 4.00pm Monday to Friday.

They are very helpful and will put you in the right direction. I have used them myself but called personally to the records and reference department.

Pat

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 13 Apr 2017 16:36

The Lancashire Evening Post has an online archive which is free to search. I can't find anything for Albert Smith in 1957. Perhaps you'll have better luck. :-)

http://www.lep.co.uk/