Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

William McLeish Please Help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marjorie

Marjorie Report 13 Apr 2017 17:53

Can someone Please do a lookup for Birth of William McLeish Born
1908-1910
(Dundee) Scotland
Parents are William McLeish and Isabella Hagan
Please and Thank you

greyghost

greyghost Report 13 Apr 2017 17:59

What sort of look up? For his birth?

Scotland's People is the website you need - free to search and get a list of results but you'll have to buy credits to look at the actual record -
https://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

??
MCLEISH
WILLIAM
M
282/4 787
St Andrew (Dundee

And you can't search using mmn unfortunately.

As the birth is over 100 years ago (marriages 75 and deaths 50) you will be able to use credits (6) to look at and download a copy of the birth certificate. (30 credits £7.50 at last count)

You may be able to find the family on the 1911 census but SP is the only site where there is even a transcription of that (commercial sites have transcription only 1841-1901) Again credits are needed.

Marjorie

Marjorie Report 13 Apr 2017 18:00

Yes for his birth please ! Thank you

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 13 Apr 2017 19:09

Marjorie .as greyghosts has posted you have to buy units on Scotland people to download the birth record

Scotlands People isn't a subs site so folks can't look at the actual birth record for you

Marjorie

Marjorie Report 13 Apr 2017 19:48

Thank you Greyghost and Shirley ! I will do that :)