Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lilla Rose WAY ....... information still needed

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Derek

Derek Report 13 Apr 2017 21:48

I am searching for a photo of Lilla Rose WAY born 1871 Woodlands, Dorset. Lilla married 1897 in Christchurch Hampshire to John Sydney HAMMETT. Can anyone help please?

derrydale

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 13 Apr 2017 22:57

Derrydale - your best option is to Search All Members trees - top right under Search - for anyone who has Lilla, John or any of their children in their trees. Send them a message asking if they have one....if one exists/has survived.

If you don't mind a long wait, make sure your account is always linked to an email address you use. That way, even if you no longer subscribe, someone who does have a copy may stumble on this thread in years to come and be able to contact you via GR.

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 14 Apr 2017 08:22

In case this is of interest to you.........

Lilla R Hammett on the 1939 Register

Hammett Household (2 People) 118 Windham Road , Bournemouth C.B., Hampshire, England

Lilla R Hammett 05 Jan 1871 Female Unpaid Domestic Duties Widowed 156 1
Irene Dicke? (Hammett) 13 Apr 1911 Female Assistant Librarian Bournemouth Public Librarian Single 156 2

Marriages Sep 1941 (>99%)
Dickers Stanley A M Hammett Bournemouth 2b 2125
Hammett Irene Dickers Bournemouth 2b 2125

Lilla Rose Hammett in the England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966, 1973-1995
Name: Lilla Rose Hammett
Death Date: 22 Nov 1946
Death Place: Bournemouth, England
Probate Date: 17 Dec 1946
Registry: Winchester, Chester, England

Of 118 Windham Road, Bournemouth...widow

To Albert Hammett civil servant and Irene Dickers (Wife of Stanley Albert Minty Dickers) ...Effects: £609 10s 3d

John Sidney Hammett in the England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966, 1973-1995
Name: John Sidney Hammett
Death Date: 3 Sep 1923
Death Place: Bournemouth, Dorset, England
Probate Date: 1 Oct 1923
Registry: London, England

Of 118 Windham Road, Bournemouth........Died at 20 St Leonard' Road, Bournemouth.

To Lilla Rose Hammett widow......Effects: £289 18s 6d

Marriages Sep 1925 (>99%)
Hammett Albert Hipkiss Bournemouth 2b 1675
Hipkiss Ethel M Hammett Bournemouth 2b 1675

Albert Hammett on the 1939 Register

Hammett Household (2 People) 245 Columbia Road , Bournemouth C.B., Hampshire, England

Albert Hammett 16 Jun 1898 Male Estate Agents Clrerk Married 13 1
Ethel M Hammett 09 May 1897 Female Unpaid Domestic Duties Married 13 2

Albert Hammett in the England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966, 1973-1995
Name: Albert Hammett
Death Date: 11 Apr 1959
Death Place: Bournemouth, England
Probate Date: 1 Jul 1959
Registry: Winchester, Chester, England

Of 245 Columbia Road, Ensbury Park, Bournemouth. Died at Richmond Park Road, Bournemouth.

To Ethel May Hammett widow...Effects: £3094 0s 9d

A son born to the marriage........

Births Sep 1927 (>99%)
Hammett John M Hipkiss Bournemouth 2b 1019

Deaths Sep 1927 (>99%)
Hammett John M 0 Bournemouth 2b 753

Derek

Derek Report 14 Apr 2017 17:01

Thank you Detective, I'll do that. I thought I used to have access to many trees but that does look so now!

Thank you PricklyHolly for all the information. I'll print that off to keep and ut on my tree.

Derek

Derek Report 14 Apr 2017 19:32

How do I get rid of " Marked as Answered" above. I didn't mean to do that.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 14 Apr 2017 20:03

sorry Derek

there is no way to remove the tick once you have done it.

Just another of those quirks of GR that they seem unable to correct.

All you can do now is to change the title to add "Lilla Rose WAY ........... information still needed"

Or something similar!

To do that, click on Edit on your Opening Post. It will then open in a new screen, and you can change the title. Then click submit.