Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thirza L Deane 1931 & Edwin J Deane 1932 Wales

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

juliag

juliag Report 14 Apr 2017 03:15

Both of these two children died at birth and I am 99% sure they are my husbands siblings .Born Bedwelty Monmouthshire Wales. We can't ask them because they have both passed away. I want to send away for the Certificates but it would be nice if I could be sure of the parents names. I am looking for James Henry Frederick Deane born 1908 and Lily May Elizabeth Herridge born 1902.
I would appreciate any help you can give me.
Regards Julia

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 14 Apr 2017 03:47

from Freebmd .............. THE site to use for bmds in England and Wales, July 1 1837 to ca 1975, and it is free.

The babies did not diet quite at birth ............. they must have taken at least 1 breath after birth for their birth to be registered. Otherwise they would have been counted as stillborn, and there would not be an open record to see unless a request is made by the parents, or a sibling if the parents are dead, and with proof. The stillbirth register was first set up in 1927 but is a closed register

Births Sep 1932 (>99%)
Deane Thirza L Herridge Bedwellty 11a 135

mother's maiden name Herridge

Deaths Sep 1932 (>99%)
Deane Thirza L 0 Bedwellty 11a 84

Births Jun 1931 (>99%)
Deane Edwin J Herridge Bedwellty 11a 124

Deaths Jun 1931 (>99%)
Deane Edwin J 0 Bedwellty 11a 94

juliag

juliag Report 14 Apr 2017 06:23

Thank you for your help, it doesn't look as if I will be 100% sure of the parents but with what I know about my husbands parents James and Lily. Lily's mother was named Thirza plus the L could be for Lily and with Edwin the J could be James after the father. Also the time line is right with the wedding in 1930 and my husband being born in 1933. So sad as I only found out from my husband a couple of days ago, it had never been mentioned before even though I had been doing his Family Tree. I will just go ahead and send for the birth certificates and see what happens. Thank you so much for you help
Julia

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 14 Apr 2017 09:44

The new GRO searchable index shows a little more detail...............

The children were Thirza Lillian and Edwin James.

Their death registrations both show 0 as their ages, indicating that they both did quite likely die soon after birth, as this index often shows when children are months old.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 14 Apr 2017 14:09

That must have been very difficult for the mother. First she has Edwin who dies very soon after birth and then the following year to have the same thing happen again with Thirza. I'm sure it must have been hard the following year when she was carrying your husband and hoping that the same didn't happen again.

I can't find another Deane/Herridge marriage so I think you can be pretty certain that these two children were indeed your husband's siblings.

Kath. x

juliag

juliag Report 15 Apr 2017 06:47

Thank you both of you, I really appreciate your help and for the middle names of the two children. I think I can be pretty confidant like you Kathleen that they were my husbands siblings seeing as they both have his Mothers & Fathers first names. Yes I agree, so sad and to think my husband only mentioned it to me a couple of weeks ago. I think he put it out of his mind even when I was doing his Tree. I will definitely go ahead now and order their Birth Certificates and then maybe their death Certificates once I am really sure.
Julia