Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Thomas

Thomas Report 17 Jan 2005 21:13

trying to find grand fathers family james hanlon mc gowan david mcgowan cecelia mc gowan cissy mc gowan born in dumfries english street my granfather was born 19.03 on the9 of october1903 his sistercelia marrid to c. johnstone lived in carlisle uperbay ciccymarried w, buxton live in america james father was a mason to trade dont know his name james was a painter .docorater to trade i think his mother was irishjames father took his son james to live in glasgow i think his mother left his father james married my gran elizabeth serah mearns from marlow st or marlow terr or vermont street kinning park glasgow scotland james my granda and elizabeth married and lived in blackburn street plantion glasgow their house was bombed in the war 1944 they lived in scotoun partick please help me thanking you tmg. email me god bless

Chris

Chris Report 11 Apr 2016 18:43

Hi! I am not sure if my previous post went through to you. I had to sign up for a membership to this site. Anyway, My great great grandfather and great great grandmother were James Hanlon and Jane Kilt Hanlon who lived in Dumfries. They had a daughter, Cecilia Hanlon McGowan (born 27/06/1873) who married Thomas McGowan and I believe they both lived in Dumfries.

Cecilia Hanlon McGowan and Thomas McGowan had a daughter, (my grandmother) Margaret McGowan Buxton who married my grandfather, Willliam Ernest Buxton. Margaret was born 31/04/1896 in Scotland and William Buxton was born in Kent, England on 23/02/1886. The Buxtons then came over to the US where all their grandchildren were born.

I hope you get this - I would love to hear more about my family history in Scotland. Chris Messinger Corpening

Gee

Gee Report 11 Apr 2016 18:45

Hi Chris

Thomas posted this thread in 2005. If you click on his name, you can send him a message.

If he is still a member of GR, he will be notified of your message

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 11 Apr 2016 19:59

Or, the title of the thread seems to be his email address.