Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Allenby

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Frank

Frank Report 31 Oct 2003 17:01

trying to find anyone who knows about the Allenby clan. I think my grandfather originated in Lincolnshire, but can find no links so far.

Deborah

Deborah Report 31 Oct 2003 17:14

Hi Frank, What was his name? What sort of years are you looking for? There are loads of Allenbys on the IGI from Lincs, and 192 Allenbys born in Lincs on the 1891 census, and 169 born in Lincs on 1881. Debbie

**Dawn O**

**Dawn O** Report 31 Oct 2003 17:19

Hi Frank, I do not know if this is of any help to you but on this very site....by looking on the 'Quick Search'....tapping in Allenby....I have noticed quite a few listed from Lincolnshire. I clicked onto some of the envelopes, which revealed 2 names Jacqueline and John. You never know, these might be researching the same Allenby clan. Maybe it's worth a try on e-mailing, as the saying goes, "if you don't ask, you'll never know". Wishing you the best of luck with your researching, Take Care. Regards, Dawn.

allenby

allenby Report 19 Dec 2009 09:55

i am an allenby by marriage and there is 2 frank allenby's on my husbands family tree 1906 and 1930 we also live in lincolnshire now know as south humberside if this helps

Freewheel

Freewheel Report 19 Dec 2009 10:29

This thread is over six years old - Frank didn't return to it then, so I hardly think that he'll see your response now.

Try using PM

allenby

allenby Report 12 Sep 2016 13:16

hi frank
I am wife of an Allenby son of Frank Allenby 1930 grandson of Frank Allenby 1906,GGrandson of Mart Allenby 1878 all live in lincolnshire area if that helps let me know thank you
Jill

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 12 Sep 2016 14:31

Hi Jill - read the posts before yours - a very old posting indeed