Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family Mystery

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane

Jane Report 20 Aug 2008 18:21

I am trying to find any relatives or information on my mother's side of the family. She was known as Kathleen Tivendale-Wood, born 1922 in Newton le Willows (or Birkenhead). I know she had at least one brother and one sister (Joan?) but other than that I know nothing. There is no record of her birth, which leads me to believe she must have been illegitimate. This is such an unusual name so if there are ANY Tivendale-Woods out there (apart from Dawn - my one success story so far!) then please post a message to me. We may just be related. I would LOVE to solve the family mystery as there appears to have been a skelton or two in the Tivendale-Wood family closet that my mum, and Dawn's grandad, were determined to keep under wraps. Any information or clues whatsoever would be gratefully received.

Jane (Mather)

doddsy1

doddsy1 Report 20 Aug 2008 18:32

have you come across this one ?
Robert Tivendale Wood born 1863, Birkenhead, Cheshire

Irene

Irene Report 20 Aug 2008 18:42

On Ancestry deaths there is listed a Kathleen Mary Tevendale who was born 03.08.1922 she died 2002. Irene

Anne

Anne Report 4 May 2009 11:52

my great gran was annie tivendale and there is a mystery about her too!. she appears in the 1881 census aged 20 as a servant in liverpool to an east india merchant. i can find no record of her birth anywhere. she married my great grandad walter page and they then lived in manchester and had 9 children of whom sarah was my gran. they seemed to be good at secrets as my mum knew nothing about her family either and we have found cousins who were living just streets away who we never knew.
please get in contact if you think there is a connection! good luck' anne

Anne

Anne Report 8 Jul 2014 15:50

Did you get any further with your Tivendale mystery? i would be interested to see if you thought there was any connection. The only think i have also found is that on her marriage certificate her father's name is given as George Tivendale - s whitesmith. Ii have been told that this is possiblely a metal worker - possibly in shipping, this would tie up both with the liverpool shipping industry, and a possible link to Scotland where most of the Tivendales seem to originate from. hope this helps.

Keep in touch

Anne :-)