Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Kyle Topley

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kyle

Kyle Report 20 Nov 2006 14:07

my name is Kyle William Topley, i have a brother and sister, Jason Warren (born 1966/7) and Charlotte Louise (born 1970). My father was Kenneth William Topley born in the 1940's and he married my mum, Jill Hunt again born late 40's/ early 50's. my dad and me had that typical father/son argument and we never really spoke again so i dont really know much about my family and have just started to investigate. i dont even know when/where dad was born or if he had any siblings, or what his father or mother was called? they could of been from wales. if anyone could help me with the smallest bit of information it would be very appreciated. THANKYOU.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Apr 2014 09:39

Jan

Kyle posted once only.............well over 7 years ago.

He is not likely to see your post.

Click on his name to try to make contact

And....

You must remove your address and e-mail, as they are not allowed to be posted on these insecure boards.

Please read the guidelines................they are intended to help.

Why do you imagine that Kyle does not know the correct names of his parents?

The couple you name produced a son whose name Kyle does not mention as his sibling

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 Apr 2014 09:40

jan
The original posting is 8 years old and is the only posting that Kyle made on his family

You could try to make contact with him by clicking on his name and sending his a message. If his email is still the same then he will receive your message and can respond.

In the mean time you should remove your personal details of yur address and email address as its against T&C,s of the site to post those details.

This is an open site so anything posted on it can be found by google so for your own protection too you should edit your posting

Jan

Jan Report 2 May 2014 11:07

Sorry. In this note I removed my personal data. Thanks for your remarks.
I know now the names of the real parents. I hope I made the wright conclusions now and that anywone is able to help me with my questions. Besides that you will understand know why I assumed Kyle didn’t know the correct names of his parents

Questions to the helpdesk:

Could those 3 registered items concern the same person?

1. Birth registered in July, August, September 1967
Bird Jason Warren mother: Hunt QTR 3 Islington 5C 1061 à S’70 7375/S
2. Birth registered in July, August, September 1967
Topley Jason Warren mother: Hunt QTR 3 Islington 5C 1061 à S’70 7375/S
3. Birth registered in July, August, September 1970
Topley Jason Warren mother: Hunt QTR 3 Islington 5C 1984

I suppose following constructions in this (I assume) complicated matter:
Paul Bird married Jill Hunt in 1962 at Swindon Wiltshire Qtr 1, volume 7C, page 1353, linenumber 69.
Jill became a child in third quarter 1967 in Islington: Jason Warren, see above, registered with last name Bird.
I couldn’t find data of a divortion of the marriage between Paul Bird and Jill Hunt, but I think it has taken place after the birth of Jason Warren! Do you have more information?
Paul Bird married Patricia G. Bird in 1969 at Swindon Wiltshire Qtr 2, volume 7C, page 2146, line number 40.
As beiing the real father Kenneth William Topley let the child (Jason Warren) be registered in 1967 under the name Topley. If so, this child must be registered as illegitimate!?
Kenneth William Topley married Jill Bird (why not Jill Hunt?) in 1969 at Swindon Wiltshire Qtr 4, volume 7C, page 1814, line number 78.
The registration in 1970 might have been done for legalization!?
Kenneth and Jill (now Topley) both deceased.
The 3 children (Jason Warren, Charlotte Louise and Kyle William) are sure their mothers maiden name was Hunt, as also mentioned in their birth registration in Genes Reunited.
Please comment.

Could you tell me the first names of the parents of Kenneth William Topley, born 23-07-1936 te Swindon, Wiltshire (KENNETH W TOPLEY England & Wales births 1837-2006 Collections fromGreat BritainCountryEnglandCountyWiltshire, Year 1936, Birth Year1936, Event Quarter 3, District: SWINDON) as there are more married couples Topley/Jones?
Please comment.

Thanks in advance

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 May 2014 11:47

Jan - Are you related to Kyle or trying to help?

Either way, it would be best if you sent him a personal message by clicking on his name. As long as he has the same email address, GR will let him know that you are trying to make contact

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 2 May 2014 12:44

Jan

Please would you explain the point of your rather lengthy, and convoluted, post

What are you trying to achieve?

Jan

Jan Report 2 May 2014 15:30

+++DetEcTive+++ `and Reggie
A nephew of mine is going to marry with a nice of Kyle in The Nethertlands. I am making pedigrees for the groom and bride as well as the genealogies of Sturgess and Topley. I have only 2 months left before their marriage and I am living in the Netherlands..
If you read my questions, you will understand that it is a very complicated matter. It is very unusual to read 3 times the birth of, as I think, the same person! I am trying to achieve answers on my questions.
Jan

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 2 May 2014 15:48

The only way to get the answers is to BUY copy certs

If I remember rightly, you said in the post you deleted that you are a semi-professional genealogist.

If I'm confusing you with another member in the Netherlands, please excuse me.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 May 2014 17:27

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/ is the place to order certificates on line. They each cost £9.25 which includes the cost of postage, even to 'abroad'.

You can use any major credit card to pay. The cost will then be converted to your local currency (in your case Euros) by your card provider.

The 2 x 1967 registration with S’70 7375/S are from the same birth certificate. It suggests that although her maiden name was Hunt, she had been married previously.
The 'S' tells us that only a 'short' certificate will be issued. This often denotes that the child has been adopted. Sometimes that person is his biological father, sometimes non-biological parent or parents.

It does seem strange that there is another registration in the same name 3 years later!

Unless you have personal details relating to Jason's birth such has his actual date, you may not be permitted to request a copy of the certificate as the birth is within the last 50 years. The GRO site will give you prompts as you complete the application form

Jan

Jan Report 5 May 2014 08:22

All.
Thanks for your reactions. A sister of Kyle could inform me that the parents of Kenneth were: Thomas Henry Topley and Florence Annie Jones.
Jason is born before marriage of his parents, wich in this case apparently results in 3 registrations.
Problems solved.
Jan

Bob

Bob Report 9 May 2014 01:37

Kyle, I don't know how accurate your information is but here is what I have that "may" sort some family members out.
I have:
David W. A. Topley b 1934. His father was Arthur Edward Gordon Topley and his mother was Mable A. Gamble.
David W A Topley married Susan Hunt 1959 in Leicester Central.
They had 5 children:
Harry D. Topley 1960 Leicester, LEIC
Edward A. Topley 1963 Leicester, LEIC
Jason Warren Topley 1970 Islington, Middlesex
Charlotte Louise Topley 1970 Swindon Wiltshire
Kyle William Topley 1972 Swindon Wiltshire.
I don't know if this is any help to you but the reason I'm sending it to you there is a lot of the family names in here.
Good luck with your search.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 May 2014 09:31

Bob

It would have been better to use PM.............living people have a right to privacy