Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Louis Voinquel c1877 born in France

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

elsa

elsa Report 22 Apr 2011 11:58

My Grandfather MARIE LOUIS VOINQUEL c1877 was born in Fraizze France. His fathers name was Emile.

He came to England in 1900 & married Elsie Rothmund

I have all the England family data on him.

I don't know how to get the French side of my family.

Can anyone suggest where I can obtain this information please.

Hopefully
ELSA

LesleyC

LesleyC Report 22 Apr 2011 12:54

I think you may have to do what I had to do............take a trip to Fraize and visit the local library. I had to go to Elberfeldt in Germany in order to trace my relatives as there were no records available online.

I have search on Worldwide Ancestry but nothing is coming up for the name I'm afraid.

Lesley

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 22 Apr 2011 14:07

found this one

Marie Clementine Voinquel Pedigree
Female
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event(s):
Birth: 05 MAY 1853 Eglise Catholique, Clefcy, Vosges, France

Christening: 05 MAY 1853 Clefcy, Vosges, France
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parents:
Father: Jean Baptiste Voinquel Family
Mother: Marie Virginie Jean Pierre
Extracted birth or christening record for the locality listed in the record. The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the birth or christening date.

elsa

elsa Report 23 Apr 2011 08:10

Thank you both for taking the time to answer my query regarding Louis
Voinquel.
Unfortunately through having the first christian name which is MARIE ,records from other sources, keep putting him as female!!!

Appreciatively
ELSA

James

James Report 23 Apr 2011 19:53

Elsa,

I hope this helps you. You should write to the
Etat-Civil,
Mairie de Fraize
88230 FRAIZE
France

Cher Monsieur/Madame

Je recherche une copie du certificat de naissance de mon grandpere VOINQUEL Mairie-Louis, ne circa 1877 a Fraize. Le nom de son pere etait Emile.

Je vous remercie pour votre assistance,
Cordialement
Elsa

You could Fax the Town Hall to 0033329508888. If you go on line your text will be squeezed into little boxes and they will ask your questions that you may not know the answer to. It would be good to enclose an self-addressed envelope for your reply. There is no charge for the Certificate but you may have to wait as much as a month for a reply.
I looked in the local telephone book for that area and found Monique Voinquel on 0033329608800 at Gerardmer. She is the only one and the name is unusual, she may be a relative.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 23 Apr 2011 20:07

I've sent a message to poster telling her to come back and see what you've posted James

Ann X

elsa

elsa Report 23 Apr 2011 22:29

Thanks Ann

I shall follow up the information that James has given me.

James thank you for helping me.
I shall write to the Town Hall in Fraize A.S.A.P.

Gratefully ELSA

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 2 Mar 2015 22:13

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1350017