Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to trace possibly family relations

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dawn

Dawn Report 14 Jan 2009 17:30

Hi There,
Can anyone help. I was adopted at birth born on 29th jan 1969, birth name Dean Ward, child of Janet Pauline Ward born 30th July 1947.
After searching through the records I believe my birth mother died on 13th April 1988, although there is a discrepency with this record as it says D.O.B 31st July 1947, which could be clerical error. But this is likely to be her.
Her parents were names Edward ward and Caroline Amelia Ward (Nee Edgar) married in 1931.
How would I begin to find out if my birth mother had any more children or if I have any other relations.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Peter

James

James Report 14 Jan 2009 17:37

have you tried gro.gov.uk

they have a section on adoptions... I believe you can order a certificate which gives both parent's names or something...

Apart from that I don't think I am much help...

doddsy1

doddsy1 Report 14 Jan 2009 17:44

Hello Peter,
If you have a rough idea of the geographical area in which your family might have lived then to find any possible aunts or uncles you would have to search the full birth indexes from 1931 onwards, quarter by quarter for children with the surname Ward and whose mother's maiden surname was Thomas.

To find any possible siblings you would have to again search the full indexes quarter by quarter for children born after 1969 who have your mother's married surname and the her maiden name Ward.
Hope this helps.

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 14 Jan 2009 17:51

Can anyone see Janet Pauline WARD's BIRTH to tie in with the data given ??

Or is it me ?

nee EDGAR

1931 Edward Ward married to Caroline EDGAR

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 14 Jan 2009 18:07

If you buy the death certificate it will say who registered the death & their relationship to the person.

May be a sibling etc

Dawn

Dawn Report 14 Jan 2009 20:20

Sorry..... The Maiden name of Caroline Amelia was Edgar not Thomas, I believe Carolines Mother's maiden name was Thomas through a birth record I found in Jul/Aug/Sept in 1911.

I have a copy of my birth mother death certificate so I will explore the route of the person who registered the death.
Thanks

Nicola

Nicola Report 17 Oct 2014 21:42

Hi Peter, my mum was Janet Pauline Ward, Caroline and Edward (Ted) were my grandparents so yes you have a sister, 3 nephews, a niece, cousins and my mums sister is still alive. Please get in touch

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 17 Oct 2014 21:57

Hello Nicola. It is a few Years since Peter posted on here. Try clicking on the posters name and sending a private message .

Sylvia

Nicola

Nicola Report 17 Oct 2014 22:40

Hi Sylvia,
I have private messaged as well, just trying to cover all bases, just hope he sees one of them