Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Wardrope

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marcia

Marcia Report 26 Nov 2004 11:25

I am trying to contact descendants of John Dick WARDROPE and Jane ANDERSON. Their children were Robert Davidson, John, George Anderson, Elizabeth, David, Peter, David and William. I am interested in all of them, but in particular in GEORGE ANDERSON WARDROPE (my gg grandfather) and MAGGIE (MARGARET) CORBETT. They had 14 children, all born in Motherwell, Scotland. Their names were Julie (who died at approx 2), Georgina, Agnes, Chrissie, Lizzie, Mary, Mosetta, Moses (who drowned in the River Clyde at the age of 16), George, Robert, Thomas, John, plus one more. My maternal Grandmother was GEORGINA ANDERSON WARDROPE. She emigrated to Australia in approx. 1912 to join her husband ALEXANDER JARDINE who had emigrated the year before. I believe she sailed on the ship Belgic, but am unable to locate her name on the shipping records. I was wondering if family members might have some knowledge or record of same. I would also love to share any information or stories that family members might have.

Dean

Dean Report 11 Sep 2016 23:16

Test

Dean

Dean Report 11 Sep 2016 23:20

Hi Marcia, the test message was just to see if it got sent as it didn't the last time. George Anderson Wardrope is also my ggf, his son Thomas was my grandfather and my dad is also called John Dick Wardrope although he hates his middlename and didn't know where it came from. George had a brother Wiiliam who played professional football for Newcastle amongst others. I got as far back as John Dick's birth but can't find his father who should also have been a JDW according to his death certificate. I can be reached on [email protected]. I let Scotland for London at 19 and left London for Germany at 23 and am now 55. Look forward to hearing from you.

Dean

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 11 Sep 2016 23:49

Dean

This post is nearly 12 years old so I doubt Marcia is still looking for replies. As she has no posts to her name I suspect she is no longer a member.

You can try clicking on her name and sending a private message but not sure that she will get it.

You should remove your email address from your post as this is against Genes terms and conditions for your own safety.

Kath. x