Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Wincott

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathlyn

Kathlyn Report 24 Jul 2007 22:35

Looking for descendants of my gr gr grandfather Henry Friday Wincott born abt 1829 Lambeth who married Emily Astley born abt 1828 Southwark. Children- Henry,George,Emily,Alfred, Thomas,John, James, Ann,Arthur & Ada

Virginia

Virginia Report 15 Sep 2007 10:40

I have Wincott ancestors in London - no direct link to your Henry but I've done a bit of research. Get in touch if you wish. My maiden name was Wincott. I found the Guildhall Library in London a good source of info, especially trade directories. Many Wincott cheesemongers listed, also a Henry Wincott, Butcher, 50 Banner St, St.Lukes in 1834. I know my ancestors were cheesemongers initially, then silver engravers.
Best Wishes

Kathlyn

Kathlyn Report 5 Oct 2007 10:43

Hi Virginia,
Thanks for the reply, I had a look at the Guildhall website & will get in touch with them.
Kathlyn

John

John Report 20 Feb 2015 21:44

Kathlyn - I have Henry Friday Wincott and Emily Astley in my family tree. My grandmother was Ada Harriet Wincott. I'll post some details when I find my family history file ...
kind regards
John Downs

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 20 Feb 2015 22:01

Not sure that Kathlyn is a member now

Try and send her a message and if she still has the same email addy she will get notification of your message