Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Court Child Maintenance Records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Virginia

Virginia Report 8 Feb 2011 19:53

My grandmother had three daughters all from different father's and she was married to none of them. My grandmother had a court order for child maintenance on all her daughters until they were 15 years of age. After many years my mother has now been able to trace her natural father and I am in the process of obtaining his birth certificate. I would like to know the natural fathers' of her two sisters, is there anyway I can check with the courts about child maintenance orders and if so where do I apply to?

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 8 Feb 2011 22:37

If the case was heard at a Magistrate's Court and the case was more than 30 years ago then you can search the original Magistrate's Court Records at the local archives (if you know the area where the court case was held).

Kath. x