General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Slimming? New members very welcome

Page 0 + 1 of 24

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 29 Jun 2013 19:23

How's it going ?

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 29 Jun 2013 19:23

Thought a thread may help those who are slimming, or trying to, or want to. :-D

chippie

chippie Report 29 Jun 2013 19:35

Trying hard again. Joined ww couple of weeks ago need the support from them. I feel quite determined to conquer it this time tho. x

Linda

Linda Report 29 Jun 2013 19:48

Yes I could do with ideas support on losing a bit weight xx
:-)

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 29 Jun 2013 19:49

Good for you Chippie, I think it takes a while to really get into it, they say after 4 weeks you lose the bad habits of eating I.e the urge for chocolate etc. Although I did SW just over a year ago, lost 2 stone, I still eat healthily, but trousers are getting a bit tight :-( so decided to go back for a bit of a oomph :-D Feel better already :-D

Good luck, sure you'll do it, let us know what you lose when you go to be weighed :-D

chippie

chippie Report 29 Jun 2013 19:56

Weighing day on monday it will be my 3rd weigh have lost 5 1/2 pounds so far. Quite happy at the moment with how its going. I have tried sw before but just couldnt get into that one. x

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 29 Jun 2013 20:02

Hi Linda :-D I'm no expert but I think joining a club does help, everyone's in the same position as you are, and there's always someone who will give new tips about a food, you can also join the bigger clubs online, if you can't get to a club. I really love the vast menus with the club I'm with. :-D

That's a really good loss Chippie, will let you know what I lose next week :-D

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 29 Jun 2013 20:07

ITS FUDDY HARD SINCE HOSPITAL 6 MNTHS AGO MY PD MEDICATION HAS REALLY MUCKED UP WITH MAMOUTH SIDE EFFECTS NOT HAD BEFORE
INC SEVERE WATER RETENTION TO 2 AND A HALF STONE ON SO NOW I HAVE TO COME OFF CERTAIN PD DRUGS AND NO REPLACMENTS TILL I LOOSE THE
WEIGHT,,,,
CATCH 22

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 29 Jun 2013 20:09

I'm doing OK so far - first weigh in on Slimmers World last Wednesday, two and a half pounds off - need to get a stone off

Can you take water tablets Dizzi?

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 29 Jun 2013 20:11

Have you seen a dietician Dizzi? if you haven't then I'd ask to see one, hopefully they will be able to help you, hope so.

Well done Ann :-D

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 29 Jun 2013 20:12

I AM ALREADY AND SPENT 4 DAYS IN HOSPITAL BECAUSE FLUID
REACHED STOMACHE

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 29 Jun 2013 23:29

Here is the link to the Horizon television programme on the 5-2 diet if anyone is interested

http://vimeo.com/54089463

I lost 8 lbs in three weeks doing it before, then had visitors for 2 weeks and it all went to pot.

I started it again today but it is too hot to exercise - which is really a very weak excuse as I could get up earlier and go walking then :-(

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 30 Jun 2013 04:53

I don't like being in groups ....................... but I was told to go on a diabetic diet last June to bring down my blood sugars

I went on the web, and formulated my own version of the American and Canadian Diabetic diets ................. I had to cut out all dairy, and find suitable alternatives for the standby snacks of cheese and yoghurt :-(

I was given 3 months to bring the blood sugars down ................ and I did it!

PLUS, I lost about 28 lbs between June and December. I even lost about 1½ lbs during a 3 week holiday over Christmas and New Year ....... despite having 2 turkey dinners, and 4 star restaurant meals for 12 days on the trains

However, I've been more or less static since then ................. up a lb, down a lb, even down 2 lbs but then up.

I must go back to being more strict about portion size .................. and try to do more walking.

Funny thing is ................. I go to a Family Practice Clinic where doctors who want to go into Family Practice do their residency ........

.......... the Resident I've been seeing since last July, keeps saying "well, as long as your weight loss is planned, that's fine"!!!!!

It was her predecessor who told me I should try to lose it!

I have gone down at least 2 sizes, and have pulled a number of half-forgotten tops and skirts from the back of the closet :-D :-D

plus, of course, having sent bags and bags of stuff that was too big to the Church Thrift shop

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 30 Jun 2013 09:05

T S thanks for posting that link, I was asked a couple of weeks back if I knew anything about that diet, I will pass the link on, thanks for posting it, now get yourself walking woman:-D

Sylvia you did really well losing all that weight, well done :-D

If you feel overweight, when you lose even a little of it, you feel so much better don't you. Clothes fit better, you appreciate your food more, and if you start walking it's amazing how quickly a walk, which was a bit of a struggle, becomes a doddle :-D

Hope those who want to, stick to there diet today, no cheating now :-D

ValerieM

ValerieM Report 30 Jun 2013 09:17

I had gall stones and had to change my diet to stop me getting pain from them. I stopped eating anything spicy or fatty as they were the main problems and also cut down on the amount I ate. I managed to lose over 2 stone, which has stayed off so far. I had my gallbladder out in March and am still trying to eat sensibly as I don't want to put any of the weight back on.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 30 Jun 2013 09:29

brilliant Valerie :-D

~Lynda~

~Lynda~ Report 30 Jun 2013 09:37

Well done Valerie, good for you :-D

I was suffering with a reflux problem, and had to take jollop every night, or it'd play me up, since eating sensibly, not had it at all, well worth changing my eating habits for :-D

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 30 Jun 2013 10:12

OK Lynda you've pushed me into it. I will make the effort to start walking again. Before my lovely husband died we walked together 6 mornings a week. It's not the same on my own but I do have a Walkman loaded with quite fast music to keep me going. I have also put stories on it before now. It helps to make walking a bit more interesting plus I walk along a cliff top looking out to sea.

I do intend to stick to this 5-2 diet as I know it works and it fits in with most life styles. I have become a 'lady that lunches' well a couple of days a week and so I make those days normal eating days.

Well done and good luck to everyone else. I hope you all keep reporting back here on Lynda's thread.

~~ Jules in Wiltshire~~

~~ Jules in Wiltshire~~ Report 30 Jun 2013 11:44

I have lost 17 1/2lbs since April :-D.....I joined slimming world 2 weeks ago just to see if it will help...

Jules x

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 30 Jun 2013 11:52

brilliant Jules - I hope to follow in your footsteps :-D