General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Oh wow......

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 14 Apr 2014 21:50

..have you heard this 7 yr old Norwegian girl singing, here is a link....

http://home.bt.com/entertainment/tv/tvnews/norwegian-singing-sensation-astounds-again-11363893237468

brilliant:)

jude

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 14 Apr 2014 22:02

I haven't seen that one before Jude.

Doesn't she look beautiful!

Lovely. :-)

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 15 Apr 2014 00:33

An amazing child.

What were we singing when we were 7 years old? Nursery rhymes?

:-D

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 15 Apr 2014 08:32

LadyScozz....yes quite, although l do remember singing "when l grow up l asked my mother what will l be" by Dorris Day and "catch a falling star" by Perry Como, l sing them to my grandchildren now...lol
She is beautiful and so professional in her act...the way she hold herself and waits for the quitarist to finish his bit etc etc....someone (maybe parents) has trained her well....but maybe too well for someone so young!!

jude

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 15 Apr 2014 11:10

Amazing, brilliantly executed and as Jude says so well trained, very hard to believe that a girl so young could have such an adult sounding emotional voice.
At first I thought could she miming? It didn`t seem possible this voice could be coming from a so young a girl. Certainly a gifted child.
I wonder what nationality she is? I don't believe for one second she`s Norwegian.

~`*`Jude`*`~

~`*`Jude`*`~ Report 15 Apr 2014 13:15

Budgie....maybe she is American!!....

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 16 Apr 2014 00:54

Budgie - I think that she probably is Norwegian (or Finnish). Have to admit that I haven't checked so far.
What makes you think that she isn't Norwegian?

If it is the way she looks - I once worked with a young lady whose mother was Norwegian, this young lady looked rather like a grown up version of the young singer.

Lady Scozz, have been trying to remember what we sang (at school) when I was seven. As I went to a Catholic School I an remember singing hymes.

My favourite tune was "Greensleeves" but can't really remember singing it. Di sing "My Bonny Lies Over the Ocean" and possibly "The Skye Boat Song" as well as "Soldier, soldier, won't you marry me" and "Bobby Shafto"
Might have been eight though when we learned some of these.

Jude - I agree that she is a wonderful singer, enjoyed listening to her. Thanks for the link