General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

One for the Oldies!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Matchless

Matchless Report 15 Apr 2014 21:33

Hiya- Just thought I'd try and see if any old pals are still about - back in the days when we'd laugh so hard that tears made typing hard to read!

Yup - those days did exist when friends from far and wide would pop in and help each other, Laura, Buggs Murphy, Jean from Swansea, Lin in Sussex, Mo, oh far too many countries to remember.

If any of you remember me, feel free to give me a shout, would love to hear of your progress finding your rellies

Kind Regards
Jules ;-)

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 15 Apr 2014 21:37

~~~~Waves to matchless x :-D :-D

i have got up to the very early 1400s with my tree so doing fine hun

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 15 Apr 2014 21:49

Hi there Jules - nice to see you - I used to be Ann of Green Gables but changed it - too long!!! :-D

Matchless

Matchless Report 15 Apr 2014 22:08

*waves back* Just WOW Joy! 1400s, your Tree must be massive? That's amazing, well done you :D

Hiya Ann, we hope to be passing your way if Son gets into Uni this year - its true what they say about why Wales id SO green! Good to 'see' you again

On our Tree we hit a wall until I found a very helpful Lady at Putney Vale Cemetery who opened up a huge Chapter and it felt like winning the Lottery to us.

Happy days to all

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 15 Apr 2014 22:54

crumbs - thought you were going to say she opened up a grave for you :-D

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 18 Apr 2014 11:21

its been a 15 year slog Matchless and mounds of paper trail lol
I even had to convert my loft to keep my work
safe till I die and the family
SKIP THE LOT LOL

Welcome back to GR

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 18 Apr 2014 12:58

Sadly Jules those days of mirth and merriment and innuendo are long gone.........

one sign of a titter and its likely to be RR'd

bur nice to see u back...........

Bob ex camera dodger

to quote Frankie Howard............titter ye not!

Dermot

Dermot Report 18 Apr 2014 15:00

We are all occasionally asked to speak up by the hard of hearing!

Unfortunately, some of the things I say are rarely refreshing or unexpected.

And talking of 'refreshing', the farmer down the road decided this warm balmy weekend was a good time to spread his home-produced fertiliser.

Tea on the lawn anyone?