General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

RIP Tec final update on page 4

Page 0 + 1 of 4

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 27 Jul 2016 23:29

It is with great sadness that I have to tell you that Tec passed away last night
His daughter said that he was comfortable and free of pain, and quite peaceful.

She said he received excellent care from the nursing staff and knew them well, having spent time in their care on previous occasions.
His brother and sister were able to visit and spend some time with him yesterday.
His daughter and son in law were with him almost continuously for the last week.

She adds that we would be very grateful if I could pass on their thanks and good wishes to all his online friends, for providing him with companionship. She knew that it meant a great deal to him, particularly when he became less mobile.

Tec himself asked me to thank everyone when the time came. Like everyone else he was here because of his research. He found the boards and read for a long time before he posted when Sue started her Aussie thread. It came at a time when he was more or less confined to home because of his wife’s illness. To be able to sit and “talk” to everyone on an evening and take part in all the silliness was an absolute life line to him

Behind the scenes we were helping each other with research and through that I was privileged to become such close friends with him. I will really miss him; he was such a gentle witty man.

I don’t have any of the arrangements yet. Once I do, I will arrange for either flowers or a donation on behalf of his GR friends, whichever the family decide.

I will copy any comments from this thread and make sure that his daughter has them.

LadyScozz

LadyScozz Report 27 Jul 2016 23:31

So sorry to hear this.

RIP Tec <3

SueMaid

SueMaid Report 27 Jul 2016 23:36

RIP dear Tec - I will miss you <3

Allan

Allan Report 27 Jul 2016 23:39

RIP Tec; A true gentleman and a gentle man

My sincere condolences to his family and to all who knew him

Allan

Rambling

Rambling Report 27 Jul 2016 23:57

So sorry to hear this, my sincere sympathy to his family and friends.

RIP Tec <3

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 28 Jul 2016 00:40

How sad, a kind man who always messaged me when I was stressed with thoughtful words.

Sincere condolences to his family and close friends.

Sue

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 28 Jul 2016 00:53

Even though Tec's Welsh Thread Friends were aware that he was coming to the end of his life, it is still so hard to hear this news.

Tec was a kind and gentle man, with a wonderful sense of humour.
I really enjoyed Tec's posts. Whether it was his banter (particularly with his friends on the Aussie Thread) the life experiences he shared with us, or his wonderful funny stories, his posts always entertained.

I will always remember laughing at his and Shaun's Raindance Antics. Such a funny man.

My sincere and heartfelt condolences to Tec's daughter, Son-In-Law and all the family, losing Tec so soon after the Duchess.

I will miss you. RIP Tec <3

Huia

Huia Report 28 Jul 2016 02:21

All my sympathies to his family and friends. I did so enjoy his antics on the Aussie thread.

Huia in New Zealand.

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 28 Jul 2016 05:56

RIP Tec, you will be missed <3

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 28 Jul 2016 06:31

Sad news. RIP, Tec.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 28 Jul 2016 06:46

Sad news, but not unexpected, and I suspect a relief to Tec himself.

I know he was grateful that The Duchess went before him.

I will always remember his stories, and the lovely messages he sent me on several occasions.

Love to his family

RIP Tec, you will be missed xxxx

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 28 Jul 2016 07:18

Used to enjoy reading the posts he contributed to with his banter

Sad news that he has now passed

Sending condolences to his family and friends

RIP Tec x

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 28 Jul 2016 07:19

RIP Tec <3

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 28 Jul 2016 07:59

Sorry to read this sad news. RIP Tec. Sincere condolences to his family and friends xx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 28 Jul 2016 08:38

So sad to read that we have lost our lovely friend Tec. The news that is not unexpected, yet not wanted. He leaves a great legacy with we on the Welsh thread and his other friends on GR, the legacy of love and laughter. He had such a great capacity for the ridiculous, so many times I have sat and laughed out loud at his and Shaun's antics on the Welsh thread, and before that when we did the pantomime with our lovely BC as the Old woman in the shoe. such a sense of humour, such a capacity for compassion and love for people he had never met. He is out of pain now so i wouldn't wish that he had not left us but oh we will miss him. Gone to join his Duchesse. Rest in peace our lovely friend. <3 <3 <3

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 28 Jul 2016 08:38

From Lady Persephone of Towyn
We knew the end was near Tec, and I watched in admiration at how strong you were with all that pain you suffered.
When I started on the Aussie thread you and Allan were up to all sorts of hi jinx and when SueMaid was away the pair of you played havoc on a separate thread.
You would send me Welsh lessons for Shaun and I would pass them on and then there were your stories about Sacha the dog and your escapades. I still have them in my document folder, they are very funny.

How your wife and you enjoyed the photos of one of our grandsons and your dear wife (the Duchess) asking if I had anymore photos of him.
The year I was not on GR you would often send me a wave and yes I did read the thread from time to time, catching up on many pages at a time.
Life is sad in that it has to end but I believe that Berona will be waiting for you to join her in a tango. Make sure you wear your knitted hat that she made. If you don't see her when you get there, she will be as she always said the last cab on the rank and will turn up.

Sue and Linda and their husbands and Rosie were very lucky to have met you. It was always my hope that one day I would get over there and turn up on your doorstep.

I shall miss you and all of us who knew you on GR will miss you. You were a wonderful caring person and it was a pleasure to have known you albeit via the wifi in the sky.

Fondest Persie. xx

Von

Von Report 28 Jul 2016 08:56

I am so sorry to hear about the passing of our dear friend Tec. Sadly I didn't get to meet him as he became ill before he could visit London again.
Tec was always so kind and he will be sorely missed.
I send my sincere condolences to his family and friends <3 <3 <3

Mersey

Mersey Report 28 Jul 2016 09:01

Tec a genuine true gentleman <3 Now with Duchess both shining
big and bright....

I will spread some fairy dust in your honour today ;-) :-) <3

Love to Tec's family and friends at this sad time <3

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 28 Jul 2016 09:34

Reunited with his dear Duchess. R I P Tec. <3

kandj

kandj Report 28 Jul 2016 09:56

So sorry to read this news today. Condolences to Tec's family and close friends.

Heartfelt sympathy also to so many of Tec's friends on the Welsh thread.
He was a gentle man with a heart of gold and Tec will be missed by so many people.

Peace after pain..... may Tec Rest In Peace. xx