General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Yet another rant.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 5 Jan 2024 12:35

What is it with some people, my siblings in particular that don't reply or even acknowledge e mails when I send some them some bad news, am I too polite or am I expecting to much?

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 5 Jan 2024 12:47

One would hope for a response, when sharing bad news, but how often do they check 'mail'.?
I don't have a smart phone or other device to alert me, so it's only if I actively look and check that I see incoming mail.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 5 Jan 2024 13:25

I sent my brother some information about the health of some older cousins.

No reaction. I’m not supposed to telephone him - it’s possible that his ntl address no longer works - so why not inform the family?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 5 Jan 2024 13:29

Unless I actually go into my virgin media email I.m not aware I have mail.

Unlike msn that has its own icon and shows if new mail received

I use msn mostly so often forget to check the virgin media one

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 8 Jan 2024 23:59

I'm afraid I have MSN. LOTS of MSN.
We have a 'family' MSN which is my siblings, nephews, nieces, ex husband, and other random people who attend our gatherings.
Both daughters and me
Both daughters, ex husband (we've only been divorced for 38 years - he's on his third marriage - or not!) and me.
Must check the date of the divorce, I think, when we reach 40 years, we should celebrate!! Current wife to be invited.
My elder daughter and me (must create one for younger daughter)
My eldest grand daughter (she's 21) and me - started last year when she and her BF took me for a birthday booze-up.
My sister
My sister's son - sister was very ill a few years ago
My sister in law
...I've just noticed I've also got a one-to-one with my ex as well - one,message - traffic's awful - from last year. I think we (ex, daughters and I) met up in Winchester.

If I send an email, I let them know, on MSN.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 9 Jan 2024 12:16

Well I have a smart phone and check my emails several times a day! I get about 50-60 ordinary plus the usual junk which i check and clear daily so its always empty.

I have one cousin(my aunty's son) and when I have what sapped him to ask how Aunty is because she can no longer write me letters, it takes him 3 days sometimes to reply!!! I find this incredible as he is 10 years younger than me, has an up to date smart phone.

My immediate family as in children and brothers, they do reply same day if I message.

ZZzz think it depends on the people but it is annoying when people don't respond.

If it was bad news, I would expect a reply pretty swiftly whoever it was family/friends.

Florence in the hebrides