Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

my half sister

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

patricia

patricia Report 11 Apr 2014 22:53

looking for my half sister rosemarie reddington born 1948 lived in leeds I heard she had emigrated to Canada late sixties imet her when iwas very young sadly we never got to know each other sad circumstances I,m now nearly 63 we would surely have so many things to talk about now iwould dearly love to find her

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 Apr 2014 23:06

Start with 'search all member trees' on here

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 Apr 2014 23:09

Her birth was registered as Rose M..............two names

Do you know what happened to Rose's full sister?

patricia

patricia Report 11 Apr 2014 23:50

:-) :-) :-)

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 11 Apr 2014 23:54

What does that mean?

Rose

patchem

patchem Report 11 Apr 2014 23:57

Have you any information about her Mother?

Thank-you

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 12 Apr 2014 01:32

her name would be Bolton now (or at least first married name) ?

tracing people in Canada is very difficult

there is only one listing in the telephone directory there for his full name (at the top of the list at the link below), but then most people only list by initial and there are a dozen plus of them

http://www.canada411.ca/search/?stype=si&what=norman+Bolton&where=Canada&x=0&y=0

but it could be worth sending letters

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 12 Apr 2014 01:36

the couple who married in 1966 in Leeds seem not to have had children in England

search trees here for Bolton born 1942 Leeds

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 12 Apr 2014 08:38

Patricia seems unaware of Rose Marie's full sister

PM received............................have advised posting feedback on here

patchem

patchem Report 12 Apr 2014 08:39

patricia has sent me a pm saying Rose's mother was probably Alice Crane - I was just trying to confirm the details and looking for alternate means of searching.

Added:
We posted at about the same time, Reggie.

I am confused as to birth details and possible parents' marriages.

Frank Reddington?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 12 Apr 2014 09:11

Patricia's mother was Asquith

Marriages Sep 1949 (>99%)
Asquith Winifred Reddington Leeds 2c 1219
Reddington Frank Asquith Leeds 2c 1219

Other details removed

patricia

patricia Report 12 Apr 2014 09:38

you are 100percent my mother iswinifred and father frank ihave file which I was allowed to acess in 2004 with all the info you have just told me thank you so much what concerns me now is could rosemarie be in Canada can she be found

patricia

patricia Report 12 Apr 2014 09:38

you are 100percent my mother iswinifred and father frank ihave file which I was allowed to acess in 2004 with all the info you have just told me thank you so much what concerns me now is could rosemarie be in Canada can she be found

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 12 Apr 2014 09:40

You have been given helpful advice about Canadian info....... you need to follow it.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 12 Apr 2014 11:27

Marriages Mar 1932 (>99%)
Crane James Dickinson Leeds North 9b 604
Dickinson Alice Crane Leeds North 9b 604

patchem

patchem Report 12 Apr 2014 13:50

It was the Reddington/Dickinson/Crane information that I could not match up.

I was looking for a previous marriage for Frank.

patricia

patricia Report 20 Apr 2014 23:23

hi I,dont know if my father was previously married as far as iknow only to my mother Winifred asquith if there is any thing out there i.d be surprised he had affairs

patricia

hi I,dont know if my father was previously married as far as iknow only to my mother Winifred asquith if there is any thing out there i.d be surprised he had affairs

patricia

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 4 May 2014 18:15

hi Patricia, you have sent me a private message saying what your first post in this thread says, that you are searching for Rose

not sure why you sent it to me ... or did you send a message to everyone who posted here? :-)

we've been a little confused by your posts in this thread ... the one with the smileyfaces, and then marking the post by me 'answered'

(nobody ever understands this, but the 'answered' check is supposed to be for when your questions are all answered and you have everthing you need ... nobody knows what it means when you just call a post 'answered' and don't reply to it)

and also it is always best to post answers and information here in this thread and not send private messages ... I had to go searching the site to find what your message related to

anyone who has posted a message here in your thread will see that you have added something when they click on 'my threads', they will see there is something new here

so did you try contacting the person who has a man named Bolton born 1942 in Leeds in her tree here at this site ? it seems to me he is Rose's husband

.......... but what is interesting that I didn't notice before is - the bride in that marriage used two names, Reddington and Bailey ... I wonder whether Bailey was her stepfather's name for example ?

if she was Frank's child by a previous relationship and her mother married or partnered with a man named Bailey