Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Searching for a parent

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sam

Sam Report 18 Apr 2014 02:09

Hi folks,

Currently searching for my dad who i haven't seen in over 20 years(I'm 23)
His name is Andrew G Stewart, born in the angus/fife area possibly and possibly staying in the forfar area. DOB is unknown to me but I'm guessing his year of birth would be 1967 give or take. I know he has a few siblings, one of which is a sister called Alison.

I've tried searching social media sites but with the little information i have its kind of hard.

Any info would be greatly appreciated :-)

Sam

patchem

patchem Report 18 Apr 2014 06:25

Welcome to the boards, Sam.

Have you looked on 192.com for him - some showing:

http://www.192.com/atoz/people/stewart/angus/

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 Apr 2014 08:55

Did he marry your mother?

If he did, a copy of the cert would hold useful info for you

Sam

Sam Report 18 Apr 2014 16:07

Patchem - Thanks, ill be sure to check out 192, maybe i will find something useful!

Reggie - No unfortunately they didn't marry so no useful docs there.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 18 Apr 2014 18:30

Has your mother an address for him back then? If he was living with his family, you might be able to get more names by looking at the electoral register.
Jan

Sam

Sam Report 20 Apr 2014 00:36

Thanks Jan, ive found out he was living with his parents at the time my mother knew him so now i have a better idea of what to look for. Thanks for the suggestion as i would never have thought of searching for something like that!

Does anyone know how to search for 1987/1992 ER? Ive tried but cant seem to get anywhere! I know i can ask the local library but just wondering if it could be done online?

Sam

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 Apr 2014 10:53

Historical ER won't be on line.

You could email/phone the library likely to hold them. They would search by address and would probably make a charge to do so.

Once he/they moved, the trail would be lost, but at least you'd be armed with the names of other people who were registered to vote.

Sam

Sam Report 20 Apr 2014 21:36

Thanks Detective, hopefully i can get something that can point me in the right direction.