Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Guy Patrick Shelly

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 8 Jul 2014 10:20

Searching for any information for Guy after his birth in1930. I know he married a lady from Edinburgh Scotland and lived a while in Ayrshire about late 1950, he is my late husbands brother but there has been no contact from him since about 1980 when his mother died.
I know he had two children about 1970 but do not know their names. I do believe they were both catholics if that is any help.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 8 Jul 2014 11:30

Do you know where he was living in 1980

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 8 Jul 2014 12:40

No sorry other than knowing the wife's parents had a large house in Edinburgh and she was an only child and he said they would inherit when they died I know nothing about him or his family.

Ricochet

Ricochet Report 8 Jul 2014 14:25

Have you looked at www.192.com for his name?

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 8 Jul 2014 14:32

Will give it a try thanks had tried a year or so but will try again

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 8 Jul 2014 15:14

BMD records for Scotland are held on Scotlandspeople which is a pay to view site. Depending when he married, you might be able to purchase and download a copy of the certificate, or to send for it. That would give you his wife's name, and those of her parents.

If he continued to live in Scotland, you also need to consider that you could find a record of his death.

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 8 Jul 2014 17:59

Will give it a try. Thanks

Its sometimes the obvious things that you miss when looking so hard.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 8 Jul 2014 18:50

And sometimes you have to think laterally - find the name of his wife then a better chance of finding someone who knows him. ;-)

If you read some of the threads on here, when someone is difficult to find, the OP might be given the suggestion of finding and contacting siblings. Going backwards to go sideways then to go forwards!

patchem

patchem Report 8 Jul 2014 20:52

Is his birth 1930 or 1934, and have you contacted the other people who may have him in their trees on here?

patchem

patchem Report 8 Jul 2014 21:06

He is in a tree on ancestry, with very limited information, but they believe he has died in Edinburgh.

Added:
But they claim some of their information from the Tyler tree - which is yours?

Added:
Tyler tree has more information, but also claims death in Edinburgh.

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 8 Jul 2014 21:08

Birth 1930
Searched Scotlands People as suggested found he married an Agnes B Mcdonald 1959 and had four children 1 x girl 3 x boys all end of 1979 and into 1980.
Will try other trees and see what I can find.
Will keep looking for family as have not found a death.
Thank you all for your help so far.

jax

jax Report 8 Jul 2014 22:25

If you now know the childrens names have you tried searching for them on the various sites facebook or the ER especially for the boys

If he married in 1959 are you sure they were having children in 1980?

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 8 Jul 2014 23:11

Have tried to trace children but no go so far, never thought of Facebook, at 73 my brain does not work like that but will give it a go.
Births 1978/79 80 and 86 but will look for more

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 8 Jul 2014 23:21

Yvonne,

Those children must be from another marriage. Highly unlikely they married and waited 19 years before starting a family.

Rose

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 9 Jul 2014 07:03

Thats a thought, back to the drawing board.
Thanks Yvonne

Kay????

Kay???? Report 9 Jul 2014 21:11

You have no way of knowing in births in Scotland as no mothers maiden name is given in the indexes online and area and same surnames is very common,,,,,, online births have a 100 year closure so no birth extracts can be downloaded.

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 9 Jul 2014 22:15

Thats the problem I have had, I am sure they had two chidden in1965/70 but so far no joy.
Back to that old drawing board.

Thanks