Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Stephen Mc Dowell

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

joysie4

joysie4 Report 3 Sep 2015 11:01

I would like to contact stephen mcdowell b1950 parents Roy & Dorothy

malyon

malyon Report 3 Sep 2015 11:33

where was stephen born

joysie4

joysie4 Report 3 Sep 2015 12:34

I think he was born in portsmouth His mother married in lincolnshire

Rambling

Rambling Report 3 Sep 2015 12:36

There's a Stephen R born 1951 Sleaford, marriage the previous year of a Roy to Dorothy?( on marriage the name is spelled with an a not e) ?

Rambling

Rambling Report 3 Sep 2015 12:46

Joyce, As there's a possible remarriage for father Roy, can you say what your connection is please, as all these people may still be living.

joysie4

joysie4 Report 3 Sep 2015 14:44

I know they are living thats why I used tracing the living people also our name is mcdowell

doesnt matter ill have to ask my other brothers

thanks for your interests

Rambling

Rambling Report 3 Sep 2015 14:52

Joyce, it's just a matter of privacy not saying you shouldn't post, just that some info might be better sent by private message.

For instance if there was a seperation or divorce of a couple, it helps to know which parent may have remarried when searching the records to try and help. Without knowing which parent Stephen stayed with it makes it harder to trace where he might be now.

I assume you know the people who have his father Roy on their GR trees.
You could try http://www.freeelectoralroll.co.uk/Electoral_Roll_Search.asp for Stephen.

joysie4

joysie4 Report 3 Sep 2015 15:33

his parents wasnt divorced also i dont know anyone tracing the family tree other than myself

malyon

malyon Report 3 Sep 2015 15:52

if the father roy with middle name e married in sleaford is the right one then it could be roy e was born in portsmouth in 1928 the only birth i can find in uk

Rambling

Rambling Report 3 Sep 2015 16:18

There are several trees on here showing Roy Joyce, so you could try sending a message to them, to see how or if they are connected.

if they weren't divorced I think you should get their marriage cert for exact ages, it will help to know that to trace them forward and therefore Stephen's birth.

joysie4

joysie4 Report 3 Sep 2015 16:49

Thank You