Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

looking for anyone who knows Bryan Hall

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ann

Ann Report 10 Apr 2016 18:30

He worked for Loreal as a rep in the late 1950 early 1960 he lived in Elsenham Essex he had a son Julian who sadly died in a moter accident in June 1965
he had a son later I think called Jeremy Hall ,
Bryan I think was married to Daphne
he left Loreal in I think 1965 and went to work for a wholesalers in Hertfordshire.
He went to Ireland and came back in around 1967 or1968.
Last heard he was living in Norfolk

if anyone has any information, please get in touch

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 10 Apr 2016 19:42

Welcome to the boards, Ann.

Just a few records for reference, in case dates/places help. Note alternative spellings of his first name:

Marriages Jun 1962 (>99%)
HALL Brian Hardingham N.Walsham 4b 1077
HALL Bryan Hardingham N.Walsham 4b 1077
HARDINGHAM Daphne C HALL N.Walsham 4b 1077

The second son was born Bishop Stortford 1966.
I don't see a marriage or death for him - at least not with his middle initial included.

Daphne was born 1934. I can't see any definite death record for her - she will only be 82.

searchelectoralroll.co.uk shows someone of the name of the second son living in Portsmouth, but as I don't have a sub to that site, I can't see what year he was on the ER.
192.com says I've reached my daily limit of 10 searches - not true! - and won't let me look for him there.
Maybe someone else can check his age to see if he might be the right man.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 10 Apr 2016 20:08

The second son had the middle initial of B, so the 1986 marriage isn't his.

The ER entry in Portsmouth doesn't give an age. It's a lease hold flat where he was listed in 2002. He may still be living there, or may have moved on.
Although zoopla lists the properties, none have a sold price next to the entries suggesting that they aren't privately owned

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 10 Apr 2016 20:13

AnninCardiff - check your facts. There is NO Hall/Hardingham births with middle initials G D that you refer to. The one for whom you found the marriage was born in 1957 and has a different mother. He wasn't born in the Home Counties.
To avoid confusing the poster, it might be best to remove your 2 posts as they are not for the same man

The only ones are Julian 1962 and Jeremy B 1966.

Ann the poster. When was Brian/Bryan known to have been in Norfolk? Was he still with Daphne at that time? Although there are ER Norfolk entries under both spellings, none lives with a Daphne.
Unfortunately there are hundreds of entries on ER from 2002 throughout the country for Brian/Bryan Hall.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 11 Apr 2016 00:53

ArgyllGran - for 192.com - go to where your cookies are, and delete all 192.com cookies - bingo, another 10 searches available, then lather rinse repeat!

having done the 192.com search ... unfortunately that address was valid only in 2002, and there was no one else by that surname with him

once again though, if Daphne is living, I'm not persuaded she wants her personal info posted here

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 11 Apr 2016 10:33

Many thanks for that tip re 192.com, JC - useful!

Ann

Ann Report 11 Apr 2016 18:06

Thank you for your help so far.

we have also found out that he was married to :
Monica G Taylor 1958
Daphne Hardingham 1962 - we know she is still alive
Patricia Charman September 1976
Janet Cole March 1980

I am after this information as my son whose father is Bryan (Brian) Hall would like some information on his father or possible relatives.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 11 Apr 2016 18:20

Have you purchased the MC for all of the marriages, or is this from personal/recounted knowledge?

When was Bryan/Brian born - month + year in case he is still living.
When was anyone last in contact & where was he living at the time?

If we were to try and find other children, we don't want to end up with your son. Would he have been registered under Hall?

Ann

Ann Report 1 May 2016 21:43

Hi thanks for the replies so far.
I have seen marriage certificates and knew of the names for the people listed in my last reply.

Since my last reply i have recieved the death certificate for Bryan Hall who died feb 27th 1992 in Fakenham, Norfolk.
On the death certificate there is a mention of a son Richard John Hall.

Rambling

Rambling Report 1 May 2016 22:19

Ann are you certain that all those marriages are correct? The marriage to one at least is in the name Bryan Hall, the other Brian W Hall.

Autumnleaves

Autumnleaves Report 2 May 2016 01:54

BRYAN WILLIAM E HALL England & Wales deaths 1837-2007 Collections fromGreat Britain Country England County Norfolk Year 1992 Birth Year 1936 Event Quarter 1 District FAKENHAM

Name not exactly what you asked for but the death you said you found ?????

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 2 May 2016 03:25

and the deaths index shows the date of birth

Name: Bryan William E Hall
Birth Date: 25 Jul 1936
Date of Registration: Feb 1992
Age at Death: 55
Registration district: Fakenham
Inferred County: Norfolk
Volume: 10
Page: 1274

if you have the death certificate Ann, you can give that info - the birth date is more useful than the death date! and it's okay to post for person who died 20 years ago.

so this birth

Births Sep 1936
HALL Bryan W E Bird Walsingham 4b 324

no marriage for that particular name (i.e. as Bryan or Brian with both middle initials)

1958 is Bryan no middle initial.

The 1962 marriage you referred to was recorded as both Bryan and Brian, and was in the same location.

There is a 1961 marriage in North Walsingham as Brian that shows initial W - ?
(but there are births to that marriage through the 1960s)

1976 is Brian no middle initial.

1980 is Brian W.

You have seen all the marriage certificates you listed ... can you just say what it is that makes you sure they are all the same person? age, occupation and father's name on the certificates ... personal acquaintance or knowledge of the people involved ... ? we don't know what you know!

it's just that in two cases there were 4 years between the marriages and those would have been rather quick divorces, especially c1960.

If the spouse you mention is living, are you in contact at all and can she enlighten you as to Bryan's marital career?

Ann

Ann Report 2 May 2016 08:39

Thank you for your asssistance.

We know that he went by both spellings of his first name, Bryan and Brian.
Is it possible that his birth may not have been registered until september?

Occupation at death was Farm Manager, Fakenham.
Date of birth 25 July 1936

we know for sure that he married Daphne Hardingham and someone called Monica when he was very young.
Although he was known for numerous dail lances

My sons name is Adrian John Hall born June 1965 (same day Julian Hall was killed in a motor accident) but has since been changed his name by deedpoll to Medcalf.

Ann

Ann Report 2 May 2016 08:40

He went to Ireland with a woman called Anne who was pregnant around 1967/1968.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 2 May 2016 11:26

Ann, you should remove your son's exact DOB from the thread - risk of identity theft, as it's not a secure site.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 2 May 2016 22:58

I would also remove your son's present surname. He may not mind, but it isn't necessary here and there's no need to have his family background details displayed here on the internet with his name :-)

One thing here Ann is that you say 'we know' about things but we would just like an idea of how you know - direct contact with the people in question, certificates ... ?

I guess I have kind of lost track of what we are looking for. You know for certain that he is deceased, you know of his marriages, you can figure out from indexes whether there were children to any of the marriages ... are you looking for children?

since the thing is that 'anyone who knows' him is almost certainly never going to see this message, and the usual thing here is that we other members will try to help find whoever is being looked for ... but in this case, not sure who that is or how we could help.