Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Baby Greenwood

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Denise

Denise Report 22 Apr 2016 16:45

Hi I'm looking for my half brother, born between 1964 and 1969 in Scotland. Birth mother is Brenda Margaret Dorothy Greenwood nee Baulch. Born 1937.

If you are him or know him I would love to hear from you.

thanks

Denise

Rambling

Rambling Report 22 Apr 2016 17:14

Welcome to the board Denise.
It will be best of you delete your email address as GR suggest you do not post it for security and privacy reasons and the post may be reported.

Anyone wishing to make contact can do so by clicking on your name to send a message privately. Have you searched trees to see if anyone else has the mother's name in their tree? EDIT I note several people have.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 22 Apr 2016 22:29

would she have married Norman Greenwood in Hampshire?

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 23 Apr 2016 16:24

Denise has confirmed the above is correct

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 23 Apr 2016 16:53

Unless you know his name and year of birth, its going to be rather difficult to find him.

Scottish BMD are to be found on the subscription site http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk
Assuming the child was registered in Brenda's married surname of Greenwood, there are 59 births 1964-1969.

If you know where they were living at the time, it might be possible to whittle down the results. You'd need to purchase credits to do that. Even so, the index does not shown the parent's names. It could work out quite expensive if you had to order every possible certificate!

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 25 Apr 2016 06:12

Did his mum go on to remarry ? If so the child may have taken her new name

Or if he was adopted then you would need to know his new name .

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 27 Apr 2016 05:01

Brenda is in several trees at this site, see here

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/tree/results/baulch/brenda

most belong to members of her family, but do you know all of those people?

there was a Brenda Greenwood marriage in Scotland in 1964

http://scotlandspeople.gov.uk

you would need to buy credits to see details

that would fit the dates you have given ... you seem to have some information, does it include whether Brenda remarried?

Denise, please put replies and info in the thread here rather than sending private messages (unless the info is sensitive)

use the 'add reply' box at the bottom (rather than clicking on a member's name)