Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

PAMELA RAWSON BURGESS, possibly GANGE now. b. 1948

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

EMMAPEEL

EMMAPEEL Report 19 May 2016 15:07

Can someone suggest how I find the above lady.

She is the daughter of Valerie and Captain ? Major ? Colonel ? J R Burgess, and she was born 1948 in UK in Amersham. I think she is the only child of the marriage

Is she still alive, did she marry a Mr Gange and if so when ?

She may be called PATRICIA R Burgess or PATRICIA R Gange in fact, I am not 100% sure but on ancestry there is a family tree with the name Patricia Rawson Gange on it that is private and I can get no further.

Many thanks.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 May 2016 15:19

There no record of that marriage

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 May 2016 15:21

Connected thread

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1359960

Rambling

Rambling Report 19 May 2016 15:30

Emma, i'm guessing that there is a mistake somewhere,,,you are looking for Pamela, and this is Patricia...

There is a Patricia Rawson Gange (mmn Burgess)

EMMAPEEL

EMMAPEEL Report 19 May 2016 16:06

Yes, I wonder if they are two different people or if Pamela was incorrect on her birth cert. and on the ships log too....

Rambling

Rambling Report 19 May 2016 16:10

sent you a message

EMMAPEEL

EMMAPEEL Report 19 May 2016 18:10

how did you find this marriage? Thanks!

Kay????

Kay???? Report 19 May 2016 20:30

The birth in heading is registered March 1948--Amersham.

Rambling

Rambling Report 19 May 2016 20:35

For ref helpers, a good deal of current info is now known and being pursued by Emma, FB , electoral roll etc. :-)

EMMAPEEL

EMMAPEEL Report 19 May 2016 21:32

Please don't stop helping. I have asked 4 people on FB to be my friends, 2 from Gange and 2 from Palairet names - and have also sent them PMs. However I dont' think people see PMs unless they accept your friend request and as they don't know me chances are they wont friend me. I am not there yet.

I am still uncertain whether Pamela is Pamela or Patricia, I can't believe her birth cert and travel doc to Singapore when she was age1 are both wrong on the papers, so is she now Gange or Palairet?

I will update this site as I hear, do not worry, I won't let you all waste your time helping me if I get the information elsewhere. Thankyou

Rambling

Rambling Report 19 May 2016 22:31

Malyon, to save you time looking, there is duplicate info on the other thread re parents etc.

I've been PMing off the board because it is dealing with living people's details, from the electoral roll and Facebook, hopefully one of which at least will get in touch with Emma soon. :-D

EMMAPEEL

EMMAPEEL Report 19 May 2016 23:15

I have solved this. Valerie had two daughters, Pamela and Patricia.
One of Patricias children has been in touch 5 minutes ago.

I am astonished.

Two weeks ago I had no cousins, today I have loads, in Canada, UK, NZ and SA.

With a massive thankyou to everyone on here for their astonishingly generous help and time given

Rambling

Rambling Report 19 May 2016 23:18

excellent news, had just sent you a company record of Patricia's birthdate, but now not needed :-)