Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

John Poole

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Penny

Penny Report 21 May 2016 20:37

Searching for John Poole with connections to Wales through his father. Only known address when younger is Watford, London

Rambling

Rambling Report 21 May 2016 20:58

What other info do you have for him Penny? Age, family members?

Rambling

Rambling Report 21 May 2016 21:00

If you go to freebmd.org.uk and just put in John Poole 1911 to 1970 you will see the enormity of picking one of them out with so little info.

Rambling

Rambling Report 21 May 2016 21:17

Previous thread with relevant info

http://www.genesreunited.co.nz/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1337160?d=desc

Rambling

Rambling Report 21 May 2016 21:21

well it seems from the other thread that you know his parents

Marriages Sep 1927 (>99%)
Parish Edith M Poole Uxbridge 3a 159
Poole Thomas L Parish Uxbridge 3a 159

and that his birth was 1934, middle initial R.

Did you purchase mother's death cert to see if he was the informant?

Rambling

Rambling Report 21 May 2016 21:27

Probate for an Edith Margaret Poole death 1971 can be found here
https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#wills

Rambling

Rambling Report 21 May 2016 21:29

Marriage in Watford 1958?

Rambling

Rambling Report 21 May 2016 21:32

I note the mother died in Lincolnshire, would he and wife be living there also? If so possible on electoral roll.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 21 May 2016 21:37

it astounds me that people start new threads asking the same questions - knowing that others will try to help answer - and do not even give the information they obviously have because they had a whole other thread about the person

you can easily find his birth at http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

enter
surname Poole
given name John
mother's surname Parish

and search for births ... he was born 1934 ... age being rather a significant point when one is searching for a person

this is unfortunately a possibility for a death

Name: John Roderick Poole
Birth Date: 31 May 1934 (matches birth in apr-may-jun quarter 1934)
Date of Registration: Aug 1995
Age at Death: 61
Registration district: Staffordshire Moorlands
Inferred County: Staffordshire
Register Number: 16
District and Subdistrict: 7362
Entry Number: 60

a second John R Poole was born in the same quarter of 1934, in Norwich, so it is impossible to tell whether that is your John's death without knowing what your John's middle name and date of birth were (from his birth certificate)

EDIT fortunately, that is not the right John, as he was with different parents in the 1939 register:

Newcastle-under-Lyme M.B., Staffordshire, England
John R Poole 31 May 1934 Male At School Single
Henry Poole 04 Jul 1900 Male Chartered Accountants Employed Company A Firm Of Chartered Accountant Married
Mabel W Poole 25 Nov 1911 Female Hairdresser Receptionist Retired On Marriage Married

Rambling

Rambling Report 21 May 2016 21:42

Joonie I have PMd Penny to ask her to return to the thread and say if the info given is correct, there is a possibility on the electoral roll, which I will send if it seems likely.

Penny

Penny Report 22 May 2016 22:11

Thank you both for your help. I have just stumbled across this section so have only now seen your replies. I do have an address of John's mother and where both lived in the 1960's . Apparantly, John's father Tom deserted them when John was quite young. Will hunt that address out

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 23 May 2016 21:24

what are the connections to Wales? my friend was a Pool before marriage and she was born in Cardiff

Penny

Penny Report 13 Jun 2016 21:07

Dear all, I have found a letter from Margaret Edith Poole (nee Parish) dated September 1964 advising that Thomas Poole deserted her in 1953 and passed away in 1960. In 1964 Margaret was living at 5 Cole Road, Watford, Herts. I have also come across another letter from a Vicar of Watford Parish Church dated August 1965 advising that Margaret Poole's mother Mrs Parish lived at 29 Oxford Street, Watford in 1965. The connection to Wales is that John's father Thomas and Thomas' parents and brother were all from Wales and cole mining backgrounds.
I have not bought any birth certificates so I suppose that's my next course of action.

In reply to Joonie Cloonie - I did find your response rather rude and condescending and is enough to put people without your knowledge off asking for help.

No further comment, I will now search on my own,but thanks to those of you who have provided information.

Regards
Penny

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Rambling

Rambling Report 13 Jun 2016 21:18

Penny I would purchase Margaret's death cert and/ or probate to see if John Poole was the informant and if it gives an address.

I will send by PM what I thought might be the marriage and current electoral roll address, just in case,

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 13 Jun 2016 22:05

You're welcome, Penny. Any time.

If we had a penny for every poster who has broken the rules and then flounced off in a huff ...

Penny

Penny Report 18 Jun 2016 21:48

Dear Rambling Rose,

Just an update for you - have purchased death certs for Thomas and Margaret Poole and have written to John R Poole as per the address you kindly passed on to me.
Here's hoping! Will let you know
Best regards
Penny

Penny

Penny Report 9 Jul 2016 18:24

Death certificate has arrived for Margaret Poole and the informant was her son John Rees Poole. Address Margaret died at was Deeping St James, South Kesteven, Peterborough which was the address that was given as John's as well. Not sure where to go with this now. May keep searching through Facebook
Have written to a John Roderick Poole with no reply yet but I now think this is not my John Poole.

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 5 Aug 2016 15:37

~~~~~~~~~ to Penny :-D :-D

This is your 5th Cousin once removed through the Pembrokeshire Codds!
You probably won't recognise me cos of my Board Name! ;-) ;-)

I have PMed you to say hi!:-D

Thanks Rose :-)