Success Stories

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Nana's 18 unknown aunts. +uncles

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

brigid

brigid Report 7 Jul 2015 07:42

From finding out who was my nana's birth father
I progressed to looking for his parents and siblings
can now name 8 of his 11 siblings born in Russia and
only 2 were infant deaths in Latvia

Most went on to marry + lived in Scotland or USA + lived long lives
and had children .

My nana would have loved to have known she had many cousins and that her birth grandfather was a shopkeeper who lived nearby in Birkenhead until she was 5yrs old . before taking the rest of his family to USA.

Her birth father may also have stayed nearby til she was 11 when he was living in Wales.

Thanks to all the people who helped me on the threads which linked my ancestors to present day . I'm now hoping to contact some of the cousins descendents to see if there are any photos of the ancestors .