Suggestions

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Contacting Support Team

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 16 Oct 2013 22:14

There is a thread in General Chat today about the difficulty in finding out how to contact the Support Team.

Under "Help" is a sub-menu with "Contact Support Team" at the top, but nowhere does it tell you how!!

Please re-instate the link that used to be on this page.

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 16 Oct 2013 22:40

There used to be a hyperlink but it appears to be missing,

Help, then contact us, then were it says "If you can't find the answer in our Frequently Asked Questions, you can contact our Support Team." which is were the link is missing,

I wonder if its linked to the problem members have had with their Emoticons going missing?

Roy

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 17 Oct 2013 01:19

best to use email, not pm system ........................

[email protected]

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 17 Oct 2013 12:15

No idea why the link has gone missing as that surely is an important piece of information that should be easy to find and not have to be supplied by members to other members,

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 17 Oct 2013 15:39

I put this on the suggestions general thread yestarday but I doubt anyone has read it. They certainly have not responded.

Kense

Kense Report 17 Oct 2013 16:08

Both the Press and the T&C entries at the foot of the page contain the email address of support.

The Privacy Policy contains the form for contacting GR directly by message it is in Para 11 under "let us know" but you will have to change the subject line from "Privacy".

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/help/contact/support/

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 18 Oct 2013 09:14

One shouldn't have to search out the links/address to Support. There is a 'Help' button - that is where it should be!

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 18 Oct 2013 14:50

Which is where it was before.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 19 Oct 2013 03:32

IGP has discovered that you can contact support if you go to

HELP - FEEDBACK

someone's bright idea obviously!

going to HELP - CONTACT US is the obvious one .......................... to most of us, I think!

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/general_chat/thread/1332873

Margaret

Margaret Report 2 Apr 2014 08:40

I can't find on the genes reunited web sight to contact support team. I went thru Google.

My question is....
Where do I purchase a birth certificate for the UK at a reasonable cost

Do the birth certificates have the fathers name or address on the birth certificates?

Thanking you
Margaret

jax

jax Report 2 Apr 2014 11:58

Welcome to the boards Margaret

You could have asked this on Genealogy chat but always use GRO they will cost £9.25 per cert which will include postage

http://www.gro.gov.uk/GRO/content/certificates/default.asp

The birth certs will name the father if married to the mother or if he attended the registration.....the address would be that of the mother or who ever the informant was.

Have just looked at one of mine from the 1870s where the child is illigitamate no father mentioned.....the childs grandmother registered the birth so her address is listed, whether the mother lived there also I don't know...but more than likely. This child also had an unusual middle name which could be the surname of the father, but as no first name is given difficult to say who he was

This may help for future reference

http://home.clara.net/dixons/Certificates/births.htm

malvin keith

malvin keith Report 17 Aug 2015 13:19

Thank for replying to my message to cancel my subscription. Yes I would like you to refund £15 does it go back to my bank account. Many Thanks Mrs Dorothy Salmon.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 17 Aug 2015 15:29

I've pm'd Mrs Salmon as she is a new member - she should have replied to Genes direct.

malvin keith

malvin keith Report 20 Aug 2015 17:49

Thank you for accepting my message, I would like the £15 owed to me to be returned to my M&S Debit Card, from which I paid for my subscription with. Kind Regards. Mrs Dorothy. Salmon.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 20 Aug 2015 18:15

I have also just pm'd Mrs Salmon after her posting at 17:49

Unless GR are finally paying attention to messages on here?????? :-0

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 21 Aug 2015 09:22

Just in case SIC's email doesn't work either I have emailed Support asking them to help Mrs Salmon.

I had missed yesterdays 17.49 post which came a coupe of days after I had given her the support email address.

Edit: 2.55pm. Support have confirmed that Mrs Salmon has now been in touch with them

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 21 Aug 2015 17:30

thank you, nlo :-)

Jean

Jean Report 23 Feb 2018 10:31

It's great to have a support team but how can they be contacted. I paid for an additional feature and received the receipt on16 Feb. Over a frustating week later I am still unable to access the archive newspapers. Help urgently required. Thank you

Rambling

Rambling Report 23 Feb 2018 16:54

Jean the email is

[email protected]

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Mar 2019 18:39

Perhaps there is no Support team and it is a gimmick to make us all think there is!!

I AM FED UP TRYING TO CONTACT THE SUPPORT TEAM TO ASK A QUESTION. I AM BEGINNING TO THINK I MADE A MISTAKE CHOOSING GENES REUNITED OVER ALL THE OTHERS. HAS ANYONE ELSE NOTICED THAT AFTER FINDING A POSSIBLE MEMBER OF YOUR TREE THAT UPON PRINTING OFF THOSE MARRIAGE DETAILS WHERE THE NAME OF THE SPOUSE SHOULD BE IS NEARLY ALWAYS BLANK. I WONDER WHY.
BRIAN