Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Joanne McCaffrey

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joanne

Joanne Report 23 Jul 2006 17:05

Hiya, As far as I'm aware we are the last of the Ballantyne's from my dad's family. His dad, Peter, died in his early 30's (Approx 1954). He came from Quarter in Hamilton, Lanarkshire. He married Ruby Sandiland's from Motherwell and when my dad, Jim, was born they moved through to Gorebridge, near Edinburgh. When my grandfather died my gran and dad moved back to Motherwell. I'd like to see if we have any other connections left in Lanarkshire. Thanks for taking the time to read this post Joanne xx

Andrew

Andrew Report 5 Aug 2019 06:40

Very old thread - contact me - my line is Ballantines of Shotlinn farm 1800s to 1970s - thats a dairy farm on the Strathaven-Hamilton road. Also have a William Ballantyne who spent much of his life in Motherwell but that was 1893 to 1951.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 5 Aug 2019 07:30

Andrew, unfortunately Joanna has deleted her account. It’s unlikely she’s still keeping an eye on this thread & there’s is no way for you to contact her.