Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Batham

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jill

Jill Report 2 Mar 2006 19:11

My name maiden name was Batham and i like carol have been trying start my family tree but i know little about my fathers family and as he died 22yrs ago i need help my mothers memory is failing a little so she cant help . I believe my grandfather was called Thomas and he died at a young age 43, he was born in Staffordshire and moved to SHEFFIELD with a brother and perhaps a sister he worked as a coal miner. My father was Thomas he was born in 1920 and would think his father would have been born at around 1898 1900 thats about as much as i know, i hope someone can help. JILL

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Sep 2023 14:20

hello, i have only just found this post. my name is joy batham and i was wondering if we could help one another my grandfather was william alfred batham

regards joy

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 30 Sep 2023 14:35

How unusual, three old posts looking for the same name all from different people/
Jill is still a member so you can contact her by clicking on her name. Genes will then message her to let her know you are trying to contact her. That is, as long as her details are up to date.

You could try looking in search/search all members trees to see if anyone else has this family in their trees.

Oh and Welcome to Genes and the Boards.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 30 Sep 2023 16:47

Joy is the person who has added to all three threads.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 30 Sep 2023 17:48

:-S. Jill, Lauren and Carol are three different people.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Oct 2023 10:11

They were the ORIGINAL posters. Only ONE person has added to their threads and brought them to the fore :-S :-S

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 1 Oct 2023 10:54

“ three old posts looking for the same name all from different people” i.e. Jill, Lauren and Carol.
Maybe you would have understood better if I had said old threads.

Obviously I am aware that Joy adds to three threads as it is my comments to Joy on all of them.. Joy makes it a fourth person looking for the same name.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Oct 2023 12:26

Overlooked the 'old'......and picked up on AG's comment.

:-S :-S :-S :-S

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 1 Oct 2023 14:51

I also didn't pick up on "old"! Sorry, Names!

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 1 Oct 2023 15:01

:-D :-D