Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

John Benson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 10 Jun 2005 22:53

my name is john benson .i was adopted by my fathers brother and his wife. my original birth certificate shows that my natural mothers name was estelle coles my real father lived in east london and i think he died about 1939 i am trying to trace what happened to my mother who named me before my adoption as john coles. can any one help me.

Sparkling

Sparkling Report 1 Jan 2018 18:53

Hi, just seen your post. My mother was born in 1933 & was adopted a few months later & her names changed. She was middle aged when trying to trace birth mother etc. with no success. She contacted Social Services who have a duty to help in circumstances where there was an adoption. They found the records & she was re United with her birth mother then extended family.
Hope you can persevere down this route. Good luck!

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 1 Jan 2018 19:04

Welcome to the boards, Sparkling.

As it was over 12 years ago that John posted that, he won't be looking here for replies now.

You can try contacting him by a private message - click on his name at the top of his post.

If he has kept his email address updated on the GR system, GR will be able to notify him that there's a message from you.
If he's able to receive it, he may (or may not) reply. Good luck!