Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Fairlie

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 5 Nov 2004 23:51

would like to find my uncle Jim Fairlie. he was the youngest of nine brothers. my grandfathers name was Andrew, my father was Alexander.they came from paisley in renfrewshire. Uncle Jim married Nan and emigrated when I was a child. my mother Vera was troubled just before she died that he had come home and had then disappeared again. I would like him to know that whatever it was that caused him to lose touch again my mother wanted him to know that he was missed and she always wished he would get in touch with either her or his brother Robert. she never told us what had caused him to leave again. and we don't want to know. for my mothers sake if he could just get in touch with Robert and Cathyit would please them greatly.

Alan

Alan Report 26 May 2019 18:06

I have an Alexander Fairlie who was born on the 28th February 1890 at 217 John Street , Ayr and married Helen (Nellie) Mc Culloch . If there is any connection, ley m,e know as I have quiet a bit of info . Alan Fairlie ([email protected])

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 26 May 2019 18:59

Same advice as on the other thread you dug up

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 26 May 2019 23:08

Elizabeth, the original poster, has deleted her account.