Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find hardman

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Doreen

Doreen Report 6 Jan 2006 14:08

Looking for any relations of Walter Hardman and Eliza Hardman(Knowles).1900s. They had about 5 children .3 boys ,1 maybe called Wilfred.Dont know the others. 2 girls Betty and Lily (my mother)(born 1932.) Lily was evacuated during the war to Aston, Pipe Gate, Shropshire. Never went back home so lost all contact with family. Can anyone please help.

Ashleigh

Ashleigh Report 17 Jan 2018 16:02

Doreen,

Betty was my grandmother she moved to Glasgow in the 1960's and married my grandfather Peter McNaughton. Her brothers were Wilfred, Kenneth and Fredrick. Fred is still living in Manchester.

Please get in touch.

Rambling

Rambling Report 17 Jan 2018 16:07

Ashleigh as it's 12 years since Doreen posted and then only the once it's unlikely she will see your reply.

Click on her name to send a message, if she still has the same email she will receive notification and be able to reply even if not now a member.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 17 Jan 2018 16:12

Ashleigh,

Doreen's post seems to be the only one recorded for her, so it is possible that she is not using this site anymore.

To try to contact her, click on her name and this will send a private message to her mailbox, if she is still using the e mail address she registered with on this site.

Ashleigh

Ashleigh Report 28 Jan 2018 12:37

Thanks everyone I've sent a private message prior to posting on this thread but haven't had a reply so far. I would love to get in touch with her.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 28 Jan 2018 15:41

Doreen is on the ER to 2014 - her husband is there up to 2017

Ashleigh

Ashleigh Report 29 Jan 2018 15:30

Hi Erika, how do I find out this information? Or her husbands name?

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 29 Jan 2018 16:29

According to 192.com, her husband is there on this year's ER.

You can find Doreen's surname by clicking on her name at the top of her post.

Then by comparing the surname of the husband in any marriage in England of a Lily Hardman from 1948 onwards, with the maiden name of any Doreen marrying someone with Doreen's married name , you'll find Doreen's marriage record, and therefore her husband's first name.

This can be done on FamilySearch, a free site, though you'll have to register.

Then searching on 192.com for either Doreen or her husband, will show you the entry with both names on it. You'll need credits to view the full address.

Ashleigh

Ashleigh Report 29 Jan 2018 22:05

Thank you everyone, I've found her.