Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Rudd

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barbara

Barbara Report 12 Jul 2007 14:11

Trying to find Steven Rudd from Dorset. Born May 1966

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Sep 2019 04:43

So am I.! Please contact me Barbara

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 4 Sep 2019 04:59

It’s unlikely Barbara will see your reply Unknown as she only posted four times and the enquiry is 12 years old !

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 4 Sep 2019 08:17

His full registered name was Steven John Rudd.

There’s a note against his entry on Freebmd saying
This person was adopted. I am his half sister and only learned of this in June 2019. I would love to contact him. Please contact me if anyone has any details they would be willing to share (plus an email address)
Thanks xxx

In that case, add his name & yours to
https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register
It’s likely that person who left the Post’em has already done so. If you aren’t in contact with them, look up the birth on Freebmd & send a message to email address left.

There are further links on the Adoption Contact Register page about hiring an intermediary. They’d be allowed to access his file, discover his adopted name &, hopefully, trace him. They can pass your contact details to him. Check fees before going down that route.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 4 Sep 2019 08:22

Apart from the ‘unknown’, there’s a tree entry for a Steven Rudd/ Fairhurst 1966 but no place of birth. Have you contacted them?
https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/messages/11731387/discover?rk=521214284

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 4 Sep 2019 12:27

You can TRY to contact Barbara by clicking on her name at the top of her post, and sending her a private message.

Don't be too hopeful of a reply, though, as her query was so long ago.
If she has changed her email address in the meantime and not informed GR, she won't receive GR's email giving her a link to your message.

Even if she still used the same email address, it may go into her junk mail and she may not notice it.