Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Thomson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 15 May 2007 13:46

I'm trying to find out more about my great-grandparents. Here's what I know. My grandfather, John Thomson, was born in 1912, in Lanarkshire, probably Larkhall. He was killed in a car accident in Bridlington, Yorkshire in 1954, together with his brother-in-law, Richie Burns. My great-grandparents were John Thomson ( born c1871) and Catherine Reid (c1878), both from Hamilton, Lanarkshire. I can't find records of their births, deaths marriage or 1901 Census entries. My great-great grandparents were Robert Thomson and Agnes Ballantyne and John Reid and Janet Hawkshaw - I have no other info on any of them. Any help would be much appreciated.

Andrew

Andrew Report 5 Aug 2019 06:43

I may be able to help you wrt Agnes Ballantyne. Pls contact me.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 5 Aug 2019 07:27

Andrew, this post is 12 years old - Elizabeth is unlikely to be expecting a reply after so long.

The best way to try & contact her is to click on her name. You can then send a personal message (PM)

As long as she can still access the linked email address, she’ll be notified & be able to reply.

Bear in mind that Genes never removes dormant accounts. You can check if your message has been accessed by looking in your GR ‘sent messages’ box. Unread ones have an envelope icon next to the title.