Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Shipping records 1850/60. THREAD CLOSED.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nicola'S

Nicola'S Report 1 Feb 2010 21:14

And please see my parallel thread "I'm going nuts!".

Could someone with Ancestry Worldwide please see if they can see JOHN EDMUND BOOTH travelling away from the UK in 1851.

And also see if JOHN EDMUND BOOTH and his new bride ELIZABETH BOOTH, nee Tunder are to be found sailing back from Russia to the UK after their marriage.

And also if there is a FREDERICK S. TUNDER, born in Russia, sailing into the UK at some time before 1851 when he is living in London.

Always grateful.
Thank you

Nicola'S

Nicola'S Report 2 Feb 2010 15:44

Nudge, please.

Nicola'S

Nicola'S Report 3 Feb 2010 23:24

Nudge again, please?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 3 Feb 2010 23:44

I suspect that other people, like me, have had a look but can't find a data base which they would be on, hence the lack of response.

Unforunately, most of Ancestry's shipping tends to be related to either the US or Australia/NZ.

if you did a search then copied and pasted a record you are interested in, I'm sure there would be some kind soul around who would take a closer look.

Nicola'S

Nicola'S Report 4 Feb 2010 00:14

Thank you DET - I thought there was nobody there!!

Signing off now but will come back to this tomorrow evening.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 4 Feb 2010 04:58

Like DET, I had looked on ancestry but a) I couldn't see anyhthng last night, and b) ancestry was acting up for me ...... so I wasn't sure that I wasn't finding anyone because he/she weren't there or if they were but ancestry wasn't let me see them!

Another suggestion for you, findmypast has shipping records ....... you could do a free search on there to see if any one with a similar name left or arrived

then buy credits to look at the record, or ask someone who has a subscription to look for you

BUT .... please don't start another thread!

Change the heading to say something like Shipping Records 1850s/1860s

sylvia

Nicola'S

Nicola'S Report 20 Mar 2024 23:52

Thread CLOSED. Thank you to everyone. :-)

Nicola'S

Nicola'S Report 20 Mar 2024 23:53

Thread CLOSED. Thank you to everyone. :-)