Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1939 Worcestershire Look Up please?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date
Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Nala

Nala Report 1 Jan 2018 10:36

Today I would like someone to help me find an Albert James Davies born 1899 and his wife Alice in the Malvern area of Worcestershire.

I believe he was a shoe repairer.
He could be still living with his parents Charles and Selina Davies(1868).
I see from the 1901 census that Albert was born in the Ledbury district which is on the other side of the Malvern Hills.

A very Happy New Year to all from Nala. :-)

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 1 Jan 2018 11:24

Davies Household (2 People) 5 Wedderburn Road , Malvern U.D., Worcestershire, England

Albert J Davies ? Feb ? Male Boot Repairer Married
Alice M Davies 19 Apr 1898 Female Housewife Married

original gives his DOB as 2nd Feb 1899

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 1 Jan 2018 11:27

Davies Household (2 People) Cambridge Villa Wedderburn Road , Malvern U.D., Worcestershire, England

Charles Davies 01 Dec 1869 Male Builders Labourer Married
Selina Davies 14 Sep 1868 Female Unpaid Domestic Duties Married

Nala

Nala Report 1 Jan 2018 12:08

Happy New Year Austin Q and thanks once again for helping me out with the information that you have found out for me.

So I could most probably assume that he lived in the same road or address as his parents in the 1911 census !!

Kind regards from a happy Nala.