Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Robinsons Family - Wolverhampton/Birmingham area

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Jan 2018 03:30

Looking for anyone (preferably relatives) who can provide more information about my grand-father and his family. I am specifically looking for relatives who may be able to provide me with a clearer picture of the Robinson family my grand-father came from. I have all the information from censuses births, deaths & marriages but would really like a bit more information about the actual people and hopefully some photographs.

Wilfred (sometimes known as Frederick) Robinson was born Birmingham 1909 to George & Florence Robinson (née Smith) who both originally came from the Wolverhampton area both born circa 1870. They had 9 children in total, their names were William George (1892- 1916); George Ernest (1894 - ); Ethel Maud (1899 - ); Arthur.E. (1902 - 1947); Florence May (1903 - 1980); Louisa Lillian (1905 - 1933); Harry (1907 - 1986); Wilfred (1909 - 1946) all born in Birmingham, Warwickshire.

My grandfather Wilfred Robinson (Frederick) married Georgina Drinkeld in Newcastle-upo-Tyne in 1928 and they had 5 children (George, Audrey, Derek, Wilfred & Leslie) and moved from Newcastle after the birth of their second child Audrey to Abbots Ann near Andover, Hampshire.

If anyone out there is a member of the Robinson family and would like to get in touch I would be more than happy to share information/photos/stories.

Feel free to contact me.

Many thanks,

Tony :-)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 16 Jan 2018 05:08

Tony
It's unlikely that any family will just see your post

You would be better looking in Search Members trees which is under the Search heading above the boards and put in some names to see if anyone has them in their tree

You can then try to make contact by sending a message using the find out more box

No guarantees though you will get replies

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Jan 2018 05:28

Hi Shirley

Thanks for the advice.

Cheers,

Tony

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 16 Jan 2018 09:14

Just for reference:

1939 register:

Robinson Household (7 People) 1 Little Park Abbotts Avenue , Andover R.D., Hampshire, England

Frederick Robinson 08 Feb 1908 Male Smallholder Married
Georgina Robinson 13 Apr 1907 Female Wife Unpaid Domestic Duties Married
Audrey Carr (Robinson) 05 Jul 1935 Female Under School Age Single
Sorry, this record is officially closed.
Thomas Cair 05 Jun 1902 Male General Labourer Widowed
Sorry, this record is officially closed.
Margarete Walker (Hall) 13 Sep 1923 Female Packer In Laundry Single
-----------------------------------

Royal Artillery attestations 1883-1942

First name(s) Frederick
Last name Robinson
Age 18
Birth: 8th February 1908
Birth place Ladywood, Birmingham
Attestation Date/ year: 17th March 1926
Service number 1066722
Former service number -
Record set Royal Artillery Attestations 1883-1942
-------------------------

He signed up with brother Harry:

First name(s) Harry
Last name Robinson
Age 21
Birth date/ year 5th April 1905
Birth place Edgbaston, Birmingham
Attestation date/ year 17th March 1926
Service number 1066721
Former service number -
Record set Royal Artillery Attestations 1883-1942

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Jan 2018 16:38

Thanks AustinQ

I have this info. I am hoping more that a family relative gets in contact so I can connect with them and learn more about his family

Cheers,

Tony

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Jan 2018 16:39

Thanks AustinQ

I have this info. I am hoping more that a family relative gets in contact so I can connect with them and learn more about his family

Cheers,

Tony