Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for Daniel Bennett (unsure of last name)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lydia

Lydia Report 7 May 2019 01:59

Hi there,

I'm looking for my half brother, Daniel. He is most likely in his late 30's and I think he was born around the early 1980s but I'm not sure exactly when. His biological father is Graham Bennett (b.1963) and his mother is Pamela, not sure of the surname. I know he was given my father's name but he may have changed his name legally to his mother's, as my father lost contact with him when he was around 15. I think his mother is of Indian descent, although I can't be certain of this either!

All I know is he lived in East London until he was at least about 15 years old, he was born and raised there but I can't find any records of him.

Let me know if you can help me!

Rambling

Rambling Report 7 May 2019 11:24

Lydia, what part of East London? that would help narrow it down.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 7 May 2019 11:37

Welcome to the boards, Lydia -

Just a suggestion, because you think his mother may have been of Indian descent -

a Daniel Lawrence Bennett was born in Hillingdon, London in 1985 - mother's surname Patel.

Have sent details by PM in case you feel it's worth buying a copy of the birth cert to check father's name. Look out for an email from GR.

I know Hillingdon's not east London.

I don't see a Bennett / Patel marriage.

ADDED:
On the other hand, I don't see the birth of a Pamela Patel either!
But maybe Pamela wasn't her official name at her birth registration.