Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Peter Humphreys b. 1956

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

xtootsy16x

xtootsy16x Report 2 Jun 2019 13:09

I have a Peter Humphreys b. 1956 in Middleborough,, brother John R. b. 1953, Betty P. b. 1948 and Sandra b. 1947.... The biggest problem is that Peter seem s to think that his surname is Fulcher.. as that is what his mum told him, ...ive researched and found that his birth is registered under Humphreys and Fulcher, the mothers name is Betty Stevenson, can't find a marriage for Stevenson and Fulcher, Am I missing anything... I am also looking for Sandra... Many thanks to all who can help me, have arranged for copies of birth certificates

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 Jun 2019 13:35

There may not be a marriage to Fulcher if she was still married to Mr Humphreys at the time of the birth. The index will show all the surnames shown on the certificate. It's probable that Mr Fulcher was the biological father & attended the register office to acknowledge paternity.

John & Betty are also registered as both Fulcher & Humphreys
Only Sandra is shown on Freebmd as Humphreys

Unless it's going to cause upset, suggest to Peter that he orders a copy of his full BC. Its possibly he only has access to the 'short' version.

They can use what ever surname they choose, as long as its not for illegal purposes. Unless he's had a big falling out with his family, its probably easier to carry on with the surname he is currently using.

greyghost

greyghost Report 2 Jun 2019 13:40

Answers here too
https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1378003

xtootsy16x

xtootsy16x Report 2 Jun 2019 15:21

Yes he only has small copy which he needed for his marriage, I've told him to order full birth certificate ..many thanks