Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

info on Deceasedonline

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sylann

Sylann Report 18 Aug 2019 12:45

Hi
Quite often now I'm getting deceasedonline up when I'm looking for some one At the moment I'm looking at Harold Hornby born 1895 their is a death that could be him 1961 North Yorkshire
Just wondering if anyone has subscribed to deceased on line and if it is worth it do you get more info than just their name and age

Thank you

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 Aug 2019 13:06

Name, age, date of death/burial/cremation

It’s a record from the cemetery, NOT a death cert

greyghost

greyghost Report 18 Aug 2019 13:12

Not subscribed at the moment but have in the past.

You get more information than just name, date, North Yorkshire

It should also give you the name of the actual Cemetery he is buried in or where the Cremation took place.
Will identify the plot they are buried in eg. St Paul's 9536. St Paul's is the section of the cemetery and 9536 is the plot number
It will show you who else is in the grave if a burial - names, ages, date of burial - so you may pick up family members.
Other things it may say when you "see" the register - dug 10ft deep. Full. Room for 1 more. Almost like you can see inside the grave.

Cremations - date died and cremated and where. Age. Address. Who the cremation was arranged by, so again could pick up family members. More recent events do not show these finer details. Might get that ashes were placed in family burial plot.

Well worth it for me as my home town has good coverage. Check that out first.
For me it was great to find that 2 of my Grandparents children who had died tragically in different parts of the country, actually "came home" and were buried with their parents!

Join for a year and get all the records you want £89 or buy Voucher credits if limited number to check. £5, £10, £25, £50

A burial register scan "costs" £1.50 and Grave details which will show the other occupants is £2 (can't remember if you have to pay extra to look at full details of other occupants)

Sylann

Sylann Report 18 Aug 2019 13:20

Thank you for that it does seem worth it I might just get a voucher first