Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Alfred Redfern born 1909 sheffield

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janette

Janette Report 10 Nov 2019 12:58

Hi can any one help please . Alfred Redfern was born 1909 Sheffield died 1980 Sheffield . married Sarah Ann Shaw . on his wedding certificate was a gunner with the Royal Artillery his number was 1629333 375 battery reg . Boston Linc . tried to find out more info about him joining up and were he went was told he did go to Germany but some family said he also went to India but not sure . I can not find any more info about him tried to look on the free access on find my past but can not see any info on his military side can you please help thanks

greyghost

greyghost Report 10 Nov 2019 13:18

From FMP - free this weekend but you have to give CC details I think, so make sure you cancel before they charge you !

Royal Artillery Attestations 1883-1942

First name(s) Alfred
Last name Redfern
Age -
Birth year -
Birth place -
Attestation year 1941
Service number 1629333
Former service number -
Record set Royal Artillery Attestations 1883-1942
Category Military, armed forces & conflict
Subcategory Regimental & Service Records
Collections from Great Britain, UK None

Image says Reposted to 121 Regiment LAA 26.1.1942. (Light anti-aircraft Regiment, RA - you can google for info and see where they were)
To Reserves 1946 and Discharged O/A 1954

No further info online. Persons serving after 1920 - records remain with MOD

You would need to apply for his Service documents - have look at the information on this site -

https://www.gov.uk/get-copy-military-service-records

Janette

Janette Report 10 Nov 2019 13:34

Hi Greyghost thank you for the info .Alfred was my grandad he as no next of kin as his wife , his son and daughter my mum have also died he does have a living daughter but she is old and as dimenture . do you think the M O D would let me have his records thanks .

greyghost

greyghost Report 10 Nov 2019 13:38

Have a read of the information

Janette

Janette Report 10 Nov 2019 13:49

Just had a read think I am going to try thank you again