Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hopeful

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sandra

Sandra Report 31 Jan 2020 13:12

Hi, this is a long shot but here goes.
I am looking for any information about James Carson, the only information I have at present is, he married Anne McVey, she was born in Ontario, Canada in 1935 and died there in 2016, they had a son called Brian.
Anne and James divorced when Brian was young.
James apparently died possibly in the last year or so.

Sorry, I have no more information.

I would like to know who Brian's parents were, where he was born, married and died, if possible.

Thank you in advance.

Sandra

Mary

Mary Report 31 Jan 2020 13:59

From tree on ancestry.co.uk

John Brunton Mcvey 1883-1973 married Annie Barrie king 1896-1973 married 1922 Canada both born Canada
had Anne McVey 13/11/1934 died 2/9/2016

Anne Carson died 2016
Brian's siblings were
Brenda
Ron
Marina
Sandy
Gord

Anne McVey siblings
Grace
Peggy
Jean
Helen
Bill
Barry
Jim
Jackie
King
All above according to her obituary.

Maryb.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 31 Jan 2020 14:14

You know who Brian's parents were - do we assume you're looking for info about James?

What have you done to try to find some? Bearing in mind that Canadian BMD info is less-readily available than UK equivalents.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 31 Jan 2020 14:18

You may find your best option is to contact the person who has a tree on Ancestry

malyon

malyon Report 31 Jan 2020 14:38

Name:
John Brunton Mcvey

Event Type:
Marriage
Event Date:
26 Jul 1922
Event Place:
Ottawa, Carleton, Ontario, Canada
Birth Year (Estimated):
Father's Name:
William Mcvey

Mother's Name:
Grace Brunton

Spouse's Name:
Annie Barrie King

Spouse's Gender:
Female
Spouse's Age:
Spouse's Birth Year (Estimated):
Spouse's Father's Name:
Thomas King

Spouse's Mother's Name:
Catharine Hanson

Sandra

Sandra Report 31 Jan 2020 14:57

Thank you everyone,

I have a DNA test on Ancestry, I got a match with Brian (cousin) I messaged tree owner, she informed me that Brian is her cousin through her maternal side (her mum's brothers son) she doesn't know anything about Brian's father.
Brian is related to me through his paternal side, this is what I am trying to find out.
The lady has emailed Brian and passed on my email address but he hasn't contacted me, the lady said he isn't really interested in his family tree.

I am trying to find out how James and Brian Carson are related to me.
(Hope this makes sense)

Mary

Mary Report 31 Jan 2020 15:51

Well one tree goes from William Carson born Ireland 1720-1776 USA down to Mary Ann Carson 1808-1896 Canada she married Stewart McVey 1802 Ireland -1892 Marvelville Canada

So maybe that's the Carson connection.

Maryb.

Sandra

Sandra Report 31 Jan 2020 15:59

Thank you Mary.

I haven't came across Carson in my family tree, so I don't know how they are connected to my family.