Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Grady mayo 1800

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gillian

Gillian Report 23 Feb 2020 20:25

Hi
I’m looking for any information on my Grady family from County Mayo. Patrick Grady married Nancy (also known as Agnes or Ann) Malley or Malloy and had daughter Bridget born around 1845. Patrick also had children Thomas, John and Margaret born in the 1830’s in Mayo from his first marriage to Margaret or Mary. I believe Patrick may have had a brother Anthony Grady and his parents may have been Thomas Grady and Mattie Grady( maiden name Malley or Maillie. ) Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
Gillian

Eringobragh1916

Eringobragh1916 Report 24 Feb 2020 10:14

Gillian...Do you have any idea where in the Co.Mayo the family were from...? Records for the time in question especially Baptism Records are very sparse although you can view Marriage Records as early as 1820s..I have located a marriage for Pat Grady and a Mary Davine Feb.20 1829 Witnesses' Thomas Grady and Bridget Grady …Under the entry there is mention of a John Davine but I cannot decifer what it is meant to be..

https://registers.nli.ie/parishes/1043