Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1911 Scotland census look up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date
Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Ronald

Ronald Report 30 Jun 2020 22:56

I have the 1901 Scotland census for the Cody family in Campbeltown as follows:
Name Age
Michael Cody 52
F B Cody 36
Marie Edwards 24
Agnes H Cody 15
Lousia M Cody 12
Mnyrid Cody 11
Frances Cody 10
Marten Cody 6
Peter M Cody 1
Augustine Cody 6 Mo

Michael died in 1905, but I wonder where the other household members were in 1911.

Thanks in advance

Ron

Ronald

Ronald Report 30 Jun 2020 23:06

I must apologise. Some time ago I asked a similar question on here and received a lot of information. Please ignore my current request.

So sorry if I've wasted your time.

Best regards,

Ron

safc

safc Report 30 Jun 2020 23:09

Census Years1911WestmeathKilcumreraghLaraghResidents of a house

Residents of a house 2 in Laragh (Kilcumreragh, Westmeath)
Show all information
Surname Forename Age Sex Relation to head Religion Birthplace Occupation Literacy Irish Language Marital Status Specified Illnesses Years Married Children Born Children Living
Cody Margaret 69 Female Head of Family Roman Catholic Westmeath Farmer Read and write - Widow - 30 4 4
Kelly Mary 43 Female Daughter Roman Catholic Westmeath - Read and write - Widow - 9 6 6
Kelly Mary 20 Female Grand Daughter Roman Catholic Westmeath Tailoress Read and write - Single - - - -
Kelly Catherine 17 Female Grand Daughter Roman Catholic Westmeath Tailoress Read and write - Single - - - -
Kelly Margaret 14 Female Grand Daughter Roman Catholic Westmeath Scholar Read and write - Single - - - -
Kelly Michael 12 Male Grand Son Roman Catholic Westmeath Scholar Read and write - Single - - - -
Kelly John 9 Male Grand Son Roman Catholic Dublin Scholar Read and write - Single - - - -
Cody Francis 20 Male Nephew Roman Catholic Scotland Farm Labourer Read and write - Single - - - -
Cody Martin 16 Male Nephew Roman Catholic Scotland Farm Labourer Read and write - Single

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Jul 2020 11:21

Ronald

To view the 1911 Scotland census transcription requires the use of credits. They are NOT on a subscription site

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 1 Jul 2020 12:58

Ron,
know you have closed this but, I had a wee look for you.
I am assuming that this is Michaels widow....

Catherine Boyer Edwards or Cody remarried in Edinburgh 1906?
Husband was called John William Roe.

The family is in Eastwood, Renfrewshire at 1911.

Catherine and her husband are listed under the name Roe whilst 4 children named Cody are shown in the same household ( with the same ref No.)

Michael age 11 ( birth name appears to be Michael Peter)
Augustine age 10
Charles E 6 ( SP index shows Charles Edward b 1904 Cathcart)
Catherine R 5 (SP index shows Catherine Florence 1906 Cathcart)

Catherine Boyer Roe, Cody or Edwards died in Glasgow in 1946
Death registered in Springburn

I also looked at the 1901 index ( not the image) rather than the transcription version that you have posted.
The child transcribed as Mnyrid is showing as Winifred on the SP index.
Michael Peter ( b 1899 in Campbeltown) is entered as Peter M

Ronald

Ronald Report 2 Jul 2020 12:25

Thank you safc for the 1911 census that includes Margaret, Francis and Martin Cody. I did not have this information from my previous 2018 post replies, so that is very useful.

ErikaH, thank you.

GlasgowLass, thanks so much for your information. I did have most of it from my previous 2018 post, but am grateful for your input. I hope you didn't spend too much time on my behalf. Thanks for your pm too.

Best regards to all and keep safe.