Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

David & Ann Collins

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wayne

Wayne Report 26 Sep 2020 10:31

Hi

I have been trying for a long time to find more details and ancestors of David & Ann Collins, born approx 1767 but can find no details other than their marriage records, any help would be appreciated, any areas places etc I should be checking

Wayne

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 26 Sep 2020 10:55

Where and when was their marriage?

Kath. x

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 26 Sep 2020 11:18

Have you tried family search site, they hold parish records more so for older records than other sites

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 26 Sep 2020 11:42

IF this was in the UK - there’s a marriage in Colchester, Essex in 1798 for David Collins and Ann Pain.

Perhaps Wayne will let us know if this is the one to which he refers.

There is also an RC one in Glasgow in the same year with the bride’s surname being Murphey

No point in pursuing this until we have more info

cane

cane Report 26 Sep 2020 13:35

Hi Wayne..Yes as you are best searching threw parish records with that date..Good luck with your searching x