Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

trying to fine a grave

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janette

Janette Report 14 May 2021 09:13

Hi can you help please.I have grand parent called Daisy Swannack nee Brown she was bown 1933 married Harry Swannack in 1951 and died on 7 feb 2009 . She was burried in Wath upon dearne rotherham but dont no were abouts. could some one help please to try to fine the plot please thank you

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 14 May 2021 10:12

You can contact the cemetery here:-

Wath Cemetery
Cemetery Road
Wath on Dearne
Rotherham
S63 7SH
Telephone: 0808 302 8425

They should be able to give you the plot number if you have the name and date of death.

Not everyone will have a headstone or marker on the grave and she may have been cremated and the ashes scattered.

Kath. x

Janette

Janette Report 14 May 2021 11:10

Hi KathleenBell thank you i have just rang Wath Cemetery they were very nice i now have the grave number so at the weekend i can visit thank you again

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 14 May 2021 11:36

You're more than welcome Janette. If there is an office at the cemetery they may be able to give you a cemetery plan with the grave number marked on it with a "x".

Our local cemetery have done this for me on several occasions and on a few occasions have even walked me to the exact spot because they know the layout very well, even if there is no headstone.

Kath. x