Announcements

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Planned Release - 23 Aug 2011 12:00 noon (BST)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

philmoir

philmoir 23 Aug 2011 10:24

We will be releasing changes to the website today, Tuesday 23rd August 2011, at 12:00 NOON (BST) . The site will be taken down for only a few minutes while we perform this release so you may see a "Release in Progress" page if you try to access any functionality during this period. If you are performing an action when the site becomes unavailable, I am afraid that this will not complete, and you will have to resubmit the request after the site has returned.

If you are using a "remember me" login, you should be logged straight back into the site after it has been released. If you experience any login problems, I would thoroughly recommend clearing your cookies/cache from your browser. This can be done by pressing CTL+SHFT+Delete altogether, and then clicking on the relevant dialogue box to complete the request. After you have done this, click on the Genes Reunited logo in the top left to refresh your session and put you on the home page. From here, you can use the normal login process.

We apologise for any inconvenience during this release.

philmoir

philmoir 23 Aug 2011 19:01

I have now posted a technical update in the blogs section.

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/blog.page/phil-moir/archive/2011/8/23/technical-update-23rd-august-2011