Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cousins who marry

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 15 Oct 2018 15:42

Hello. My Father and Mother are cousins. I am having trouble linking the two sides of the family without having to have duplicates. Can anyone help me please.
Thanks
Jennifer

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 15 Oct 2018 15:57

Welcome to the boards Jennifer.

I don't think the GR tree will let you enter cousins who marry. Try asking GR if they can help by emailing them at:-

[email protected]

Kath. x

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 15 Oct 2018 18:29

It will allow you to marry off cousins, as long as they are already in your tree. Use the 2nd tab Find Existing to type in their name. Use the same tab to add their parents. At least one (the siblings) will already be in your tree

The duplicates are there to show the relationship to their parents and other-than-mutual grandparents. There is no way around it as far as I'm aware. Someone may know differently.