Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Nov 2018 15:47

Hello,
New-ish to all this - I did give Ancestry a go for a year - built up a tree but started to get a bit fed-up as I got as far as I could and other members didn't seem to be bothered with advice or help.
I have opened up my tree for anyone who's interested of up for advice / help.
I know the tree has mistakes, I am just not entirely sure where the mistakes are!!.
Yours,
Barry

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 5 Nov 2018 15:54

No-one can see your GR tree unless you have direct contact

Ancestry is not a mutual help site

Give us some proven facts to work on........................you'll get plenty of help on here, but............................

Scottish records are not as readily available as those for England/Wales.

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Nov 2018 00:28

Thank you

I will do.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 11 Nov 2018 07:21

Ancestry doesn't work like genes where people can go readlly to look in trees to see if anyone has a match and try and contact them
Yes you can do it on Ancestry but it's very hit and miss if you get a reply

Genes too you can try and contact but again it's a chance that you get a repjy

Ancestry though does have a worldwide base

You really though have to do your own tree and finding others who have a family connection is a bonus

I did my DNA on ancestry and have made contact with several people who have a family connection but I did look at the possible matches it threw up and sent them a message

Soooo if we can help you on here with your tree then there's helpers here who are only too willing to have a go

:-D